Menu
User Avatar Image

Why was the last episode late?

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 182 users

I want to point out this is NOT a whining thread.. Just a curiousness thread..

What held up the last episode of ToMI? Was it to work on the see through ribs effect of Guybrush.... was it because a ninja attack? Just wondering.

What ever it was the game ended up great...

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You are correct, according to the date calculator website I frequently use.

I'm 99% sure this is why Episode 305 of Sam & Max doesn't have a release month listed, in case it slips from August to September like RotPG's release ended up in December instead of November.

• Was the finale of TMI ever officially slated for November to the general public? If not, "late" isn't really accurate.

• @Wapcaplet said: You are correct, according to the date calculator website I frequently use.

Well that sounds much simpler than counting my knuckles!
    Thanks for the link!

• every TTG season they say a game every month... November technically didn't have one hence being late... despite the actual time between...

again im not whining or upset I was just interested to know what snagged them up... because I find that sort of thing interesting.... I am glad they took the time to make the game right instead of release an unfinished episode just so they could make a silly deadline.

Also... Nikasaur you do not have to protect Yare you can tell us if he held up the game trying to get the powers that be to give him a desk closer to the vending machines.

• @Irishmile said: Also... Nikasaur you do not have to protect Yare you can tell us if he held up the game trying to get the powers that be to give him a desk closer to the vending machines.

He was actually lobbying to get a desk made from vending machines, I believe.

• When I saw this thread, I was almost certain that it was about the delayed launch on December 8th. If you recall, the Telltale employees were scrambling to try and get last minute touches done, and the game didn't get out until around 7 PM PST. That's the delay I wonder about. What specific last minute changes held up the game's release that day?

Just like Irishmile, not complaining, just curious.

• I'm glad, we're not dealing with Duke Nukem Forever here. :D

• @Udvarnoky said: Was the finale of TMI ever officially slated for November to the general public? If not, "late" isn't really accurate.

Yeah, it was.

Still, it was only 2 weeks. It wasn't really much of a delay.

• Not only did the last episode come out in December, which made it look noticeably late, but I'm pretty sure the cliffhanger from chapter 4 made some of us a little impatient and made the wait feel even longer!

... it's a theory.

As for what GuruGuru214 said, I'm curious about that too. My memories of that night are: threads about people breaking their F5 key, Majus' "just a minute" animation and someone from Telltale saying something about "just doing some last minute adjustments that will make the game much better".

Now that the game's been released, I wonder what it was they were working on...?

• @Pale Man said: He was actually lobbying to get a desk made from vending machines, I believe.

No, he was just depressed because I wasn't stalking him yet, and he could feel that something was missing from his life.

Add Comment