User Avatar Image

Countdown to episode 2

posted by aHartzell on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Hi, all. This is Andy Hartzell, writer and lead designer for episode two of "The Devil's Playhouse." As you can see from my pitiful post history, I haven't properly acquired the forum habit yet. But I promise to visit regularly for at least the next month or two.

So let's see...what can I tell you about the upcoming installment? You know it's called "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak", and you've guessed that it involves the mysterious objects that were revealed in the final moments of "The Penal Zone". I can tell you that it's going to be a big episode and a twisty one, a tale that ranges widely in time and space. Like episode 1, this one throws a few new ingredients into the Telltale stew, but the flavor of this one is a bit different. Less oregano, more...cumin. And clove.

There, is that enigmatic enough? Please feel free to post any questions or speculations you may have, and I promise to respond promptly with cryptic non-answers.

390 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hello Andy, nice to meecha:

1. Will any of the characters that have left (Bosco, Bluster, Syble, Abe, Two-teeth, Anyone in hell) come back for this episode?

2. I miss the office.

3. Did lousy old corperate ever make you cut out something you wrote or put something you didn't like in?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@joeldee said: IMHO, he's the coolest, best looking character ever in a Sam & Max game -- or a Telltale game for that matter. That's just my opinion though ... I've got biases :P

So... he was modelled on you then, Joel? ;)

• One thing I've been wondering is what Mr. Funny Looking Bloke's voice is going to sound like. In my mind I keep imagining an odd mix between the voices of Satan and Harry Moleman. Am I anywhere close in this guess?

• [quote]funny looking bloke[/quote]

I think his name is Papier Waite. Look at the filename.

• @lombre said: One thing I've been wondering is what Mr. Funny Looking Bloke's voice is going to sound like. In my mind I keep imagining an odd mix between the voices of Satan and Harry Moleman. Am I anywhere close in this guess?

I'm imagining a more Noel Coward feel to the guy.

• I don't wanna know anything. I don't why I'm reading this...

WHATHEVER!

In fact, I was shifting my attention to Scoggins' Mystery by now...

@joeldee said: IMHO, he's the coolest, best looking character ever in a Sam & Max game -- or a Telltale game for that matter. That's just my opinion though ... I've got biases :P

Uhhh... I HAVE to see that... 5 weeks? WHY!

• @aHartzell said: Hi, caeska:

No, you won't be using Future Vision in episode 2. It may return to your arsenal in subsequent episodes, but I think it's safe to reveal that it won't be featured as prominently as it was in episode 1, as new Toys of Power come into play.

Ah.... I was really waiting to see how you guys would manage all the toys in play at once, would have made some wicked puzzles possible. Maybe in the later episodes...

Questions:

1-Will we get to know how the future vision ended up on S&M street and started the whole story?

2-When can we expect a toy of power that gives Max the ability to blow people minds with greatness?

• spoiler tags, please. although most of us already know this, some people haven't played season 2, so they don't know about stinky yet.

Add Comment