User Avatar Image

I like cheese

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 624 users

especially sharp cheddar.

140 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Giant Tope said: Colby is pretty popular, from my understanding. And Dubliner is also around too. A bit too dry for me though.

Ah ok I was wondering if it was just a WI thing... it was made in Colby, Wisconsin.

• All my friends hate gouda. I like gouda. I just cut a chunk of them and eat it plain. Those cheddar slice things are my least favorite, and their flavor usually empowers the rest of the sandwich they're in, so, unless there's enough things to tame the slice of cheese's flavor, I order my sandwiches with no cheese. Melted cheese, is always good on anything savory. I pity the lactose intolerant/vegan for cheese is good.

You guys ever heard of Cheese Police?

• @Pale Man said: That cheese is appropriately named American cheese, as it is just as plastic-y and fake as everything else in America.

They're just called Cheese slices over here (UK), which i always thought was kind of odd. I would've expected it to have been called that in the US, and american cheese everywhere else!

• Those cheese slices aren't too bad if you melt them. Though they're inedible when they're solid

• @Friar said: They're just called Cheese slices over here (UK), which i always thought was kind of odd. I would've expected it to have been called that in the US, and american cheese everywhere else!

Yeah, it's also called "cheese slices" and not "American cheese" in France.

• @JedExodus said: Those cheese slices aren't too bad if you melt them. Though they're inedible when they're solid

You've made me hungry. I'm off to make myself a cheese slice+Marmite sandwich!

• Deep-fried, breadcrumbed Camembert with cranberry sauce. SO GOOD. Though I do like nearly all kinds of cheese, except for the blue varieties. (though I think that's just because of the 'ewwww, mould!' factor)

...and Dairylea as well.

• @Jen Kollic said: (though I think that's just because of the 'ewwww, mould!' factor)

Hehe, that reminds me, when I was a kid I refused to eat yogurt. My mom once asked me why they disgusted me so much and I said "that's because it's bacteria's vomit". She corrected me "well technically, it's more like bacteria's shit".
    That failed to convince me to have some xD

Loved blue cheese, though. Both the ewe milk type and the cow milk type. Don't know of any goat blue cheese and mare cheese is rare to begin with, so I've never even had it period, let alone a blue version thereof.

• @JedExodus said: I'd no idea Dubliner was international.

Fun fact, Dubliner cheese is made in Cork

I wouldn't say it's terribly common by any means, but you can get it at the nicer grocery stores and such.

• @tredlow said: All my friends hate gouda. I like gouda.

Try giving them smoked gouda. It has a more interesting flavor. See if they like that better.

Add Comment