User Avatar Image

Countdown to episode 2

posted by aHartzell on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Hi, all. This is Andy Hartzell, writer and lead designer for episode two of "The Devil's Playhouse." As you can see from my pitiful post history, I haven't properly acquired the forum habit yet. But I promise to visit regularly for at least the next month or two.

So let's see...what can I tell you about the upcoming installment? You know it's called "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak", and you've guessed that it involves the mysterious objects that were revealed in the final moments of "The Penal Zone". I can tell you that it's going to be a big episode and a twisty one, a tale that ranges widely in time and space. Like episode 1, this one throws a few new ingredients into the Telltale stew, but the flavor of this one is a bit different. Less oregano, more...cumin. And clove.

There, is that enigmatic enough? Please feel free to post any questions or speculations you may have, and I promise to respond promptly with cryptic non-answers.

390 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey Andy, I also thank you for taking the time to answer your fans' questions, just a few quick ones I wanted to ask:

Are the Soda Poppers well-and-truly gone? I very much hope so.

I take it this billboard is definitely related to 'The Tomb of Sammun-Mak', yes? And are you aware of the misspelling of 'Pharaoh'?

Will Skun-ka'pe return (are you allowed to answer this)?

Have you got an effective and compelling cliff-hanger ready for the end of the episode?

• @The Highway said: spoiler tags, please. although most of us already know this, some people haven't played season 2, so they don't know about stinky yet.

So they like S&M enough to pre-order Season 3, but not enough to play season 2? Cmonnnnnnn this is pretty much a spoiler forum!

• @The Highway said: spoiler tags, please. although most of us already know this, some people haven't played season 2, so they don't know about stinky yet.

@The Highway said: So they like S&M enough to pre-order Season 3, but not enough to play season 2? Cmonnnnnnn this is pretty much a spoiler forum!

I think I'd have to agree with Mr. SpaceFalcon. I'm not really going to go out of my way to put in spoiler tags when I'm posting in a section of the forums devoted entirely to discussing Season 3.

• Not to mention if you play 301 and talk to Stinky it basically says "Is an evil cake" in the introductionary screen (and notebook).

• @SpaceFalcon2001 said: So they like S&M enough to pre-order Season 3, but not enough to play season 2? Cmonnnnnnn this is pretty much a spoiler forum!

It's currently kinda hard to play season 2 if you bought season 3 for the PS3 or the iPad...

• But in those cases it's also kind of hard to be in this forum section...
    (Not to mention my above point still stands)

• Really? I thought it was obvious! We see in the trailer a giant cockroach with the nametag "Sal". In season 2, Sal was in the kitchen in Stinky's. Sal is an inhuman monster and his name starts with S, and Stinky is obviously lying when you ask if there was ever anyone in the kitchen. Therefore, Stinky is going out with a giant cockroach named Sal.

Highwayman speaks the truth. I suspected this much from episode 5 in finale of season 2 when Grandpa Stinky came back from hell and Sam ask about Sal and Girl Stinky said, "Sal? who Sal"? Up close and serious which meant a foreshadow event for season 3 and she did it again in this season. Her reason to keeping Sal a secret is that no in the right mind would keep a cockroach as a chef or a suuuuee chef (get it?????.......never mind) by the health board administration on food concern that is too unsanitary to eat or otherwise known as H.B.A.O.F.C.T.I.T.U.T.E.

Either that or could be Sam and Max arch nemesis, Sam Mack which I starting to speculate episode 2 may involve with him (if you notice how his name sound almost sound like of episode 2 title).

• His name is actually Mack Salmon, so it actually doesnt sound that much like Sammun-Mak, which sounds more like Sam & Max. Also Mack Salmon doesn't start with an S.

• Mak-Sammun and Mack Salmon sounds a lot alike though.
    Salmon, which could be where the nickname Sal comes from, starts with S.

I actually don't think "Papier Waite" is going to have a voice, for some reason. : o
    Don't ask me why, I just think he will be a... urhm... "silent antagonist".

Add Comment