User Avatar Image

iPad questions

posted by Decho on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

Just a couple of questions on the iPad transfer that I'm probably just being lazy about looking up (or the answers are really obvious), but that I couldn't find.

1. Probably a stupid question, but I thought I would ask anyways: If I bought the game on Steam, would it be possible to transfer it to an iPad?

2. How is the iPad version compared to the PC one?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1. Given the fact that the only way I've seen to get an app like this to an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad is the Apps Store (unless you jailbreak them) I'd say no to transferring them from Steam. (Actually I've never heard of being able to transfer anything from Steam to anything else, you're pretty much locked in).

    2. I hear there at least WERE serious issues and it ran incredibly slow on iPad. Don't know if they've released a fix as I don't own one and haven't been following too closely. I probably would have heard that they did though.

    Hope this helps you some.

  • That helps. I'll be skipping the iPad version until I find out if it's worth buying again, then. Thanks!

  • Does someone have comparable screenshots?
    I'd like to see how different the graphics look.

  • @jweir said:
    2. I hear there at least WERE serious issues and it ran incredibly slow on iPad. Don't know if they've released a fix as I don't own one and haven't been following too closely. I probably would have heard that they did though.

    I have the iPad version, I can tell you it runs great.

    It will only run slow on occasion if you haven't restarted your iPad in a while.

    It is a good idea to turn it off then back on to clear out any "crap" left behind from other applications in the limited memory of the handheld.

    Fantastic game. Can't wait for ep2.

  • @wildcardd said: I have the iPad version, I can tell you it runs great.

    It will only run slow on occasion if you haven't restarted your iPad in a while.

    It is a good idea to turn it off then back on to clear out any "crap" left behind from other applications in the limited memory of the handheld.

    Fantastic game. Can't wait for ep2.


    It's good to hear this, perhaps there was a fix released? I wish I was making things up about the issues, but I remember reading about some. Curious if anyone can shed some light there.

  • How long can you play the game in terms of battery life until you run out of juice?

    On the iPodTouch i have made the experience that most 3D games leech too much whilst 2D games work out at least acceptable.

  • but the ipad has a much better battery. so probably around 3hrs?

  • @taumel said: How long can you play the game in terms of battery life until you run out of juice?

    On the iPodTouch i have made the experience that most 3D games leech too much whilst 2D games work out at least acceptable.

    I don't play for long periods of time usually, but I remember being on a flight, played S&M for 2 hours and it dented my battery by about 10%. The iPad rocks for battery life. You don't need to worry about it as you do with an iPhone.

  • @jweir said: It's good to hear this, perhaps there was a fix released? I wish I was making things up about the issues, but I remember reading about some. Curious if anyone can shed some light there.

    No fixes have been released. Some people FREAK out over the smallest of things sometimes. If you have been on this magical thing called the internets, you will see this often. The squeaky wheel thing.

    As long as you clear out the iPad every once in a while by turning it off and on...the performance is just fine.

    Just buy it already. You will enjoy it.

  • The ipad version sucks, avoid it. It has several game-breaking bugs that cause you to lose your savegame, it crashes, and its laggy/choppy. Load screens are quite long as well.

    rebooting your ipad immediately before playing helps with the lag/choppyness. but in general, i find it more frustrating than fun to play.

    If telltale is listening: the worst game-breaking bug is that the dynamic joystick for movement sometimes doesnt show. no matter how many times you reboot/reload that save game file is messed up forever because its impossible to move or pan the camera. This has happened to me 3 times now (having re-played it, im sure its a place where you are supposed to be able to walk/look around)

Add Comment