49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In my opinion, there should be some clear way to tell between which visions are hints, and which are necessary/just funny cutscenes. For me, every puzzle had me thinking "I don't wanna use the future vision and accidentally get a hint, but what if it's necessary for this?"

• That's true, it did make me want to make sure an stop him.

• People are missing the joke with the banana thing. Guys, stop and think about it for a second. That was a completely unnecessary puzzle. The game would've been fine without it. It was there as a gag; it was funny. So making it hard would've stalled the game and hurt the pacing. Making a hard puzzle for the sake of it - something that hardly serves the story - is bad design, and is essentially why adventure games died for a few years.

I personally thought that future vision was used very well in some cases (there is no way in hell you can solve some puzzles without it, like how to revive Gordon), but maybe gave away a couple of hints too many in others. Still, the game is wonderfully designed and I'd say, objectively, is the best thing Telltale's done so far.

• I'm not complaining, I like it actually. I think it's really clever and a great way to put a new spin on an old genre...

Still I think it could be toned down just a bit hintwise in certain areas...

Again, not complaining, just giving feedback.

• Oh, I know. I just think the banana gag thing is the wrong example.

Maybe Grandpa Stinky's puzzle needed a more subtle hint.

• @Kroms said: Oh, I know. I just think the banana gag thing is the wrong example.

Maybe Grandpa Stinky's puzzle needed a more subtle hint.

That's a better example.

Add Comment