Menu
User Avatar Image

Musical number in episode 304?

posted by tredlow on - last edited - Viewed by 734 users

Anyone else expecting one? They did it in 104 and 204.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Zonino said: I'm not sure if the Ted E Bear and Useful to Boot songs count, not because they aren't musical numbers cause they are, and good ones at that, but because to hear them full you had to keep clicking, which means you could actually not hear them at all.

The War Song and the Mariachi song was part of the plot though and so had to be heard.

Both Bear and Boot could be heard in the end credits of these episodes - no clicking necessary. So, I'd say, they count as songs. Nonetheless, you might well argue, these songs did not have a proper "music video". :D

• @tredlow said: -wikipedia

melodrama is not nessecarily music. you should WIKIPEDIA melodrama.

• @The Highway said: melodrama is not nessecarily music. you should WIKIPEDIA melodrama.

@The Highway said: The theatrical genre of melodrama uses theme-music to manipulate the spectator's emotional response and to denote character types. The term combines "melody" (from the Greek "melōidía", meaning "song") and "drama" (Classical Greek: δράμα, dráma; meaning "action").

I only cared to read the first sentence, though. Yes, I know, it's not necessarily big musical number scene-related, but it at least suggests some musical elements. Also, the title of 304 is a reference to a movie about a rock band.

• still, id much prefer TWO musical numbers in two seperate episodes. makes it a bit more interesting!

• that would be nice. If they did one of Samisms I would want them to sound like that one Dunkin Donuts commercial.

You know the one: perhaps Fritallian.

• @Giant Tope said: I will be sorely disappointed if Stemmle doesn't get to write that musical episode.

EpisodesEpisode Release date

"The Penal Zone" April 2, 2010 / April 15, 2010
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Chuck Jordan

"The Tomb of Sammun-Muk" May 2010
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Andy Hartzell and Brendan Q. Ferguson

"They Stole Max's Brain!" June 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Joe Pinney
    Written by Michael Stemmle

"Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" July 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Michael Stemmle
    Written by Joe Pinney

"The City that Dares Not Sleep" TBD
    Notes:
    Designed and written by Chuck Jordan

• @StLouisRibs said:
    "They Stole Max's Brain!" June 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Joe Pinney
    Written by Michael Stemmle

"Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" July 2010
    Notes:
    Designed by Michael Stemmle
    Written by Joe Pinney

Mike is lead writer for both 303 and 304.

And wherever that list came from (I'm guessing a wiki?) it'd be good to list directors, since that's a bigger title in this series than it has been in the past. 301: Me and Nick Herman, 302: Andy Hartzell, 303: Joe Pinney, 304: Dennis Lenart, 305: Derek Sakai.

• Getting back on track...

@Randulf said: A cabaret with dozens of cloned Sams will be nice.

Make it happen, TellTale. Make it happen NOW! THE INTERNETS DEMANDS IT!!!

• @Chuck said: Mike is lead writer for both 303 and 304.

And wherever that list came from (I'm guessing a wiki?) it'd be good to list directors, since that's a bigger title in this series than it has been in the past. 301: Me and Nick Herman, 302: Andy Hartzell, 303: Joe Pinney, 304: Dennis Lenart, 305: Derek Sakai.

Done and done.

Add Comment