User Avatar Image

What are your thoughts?

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 447 users

From what what we know so far, of course. I kind of think that the game looks a bit like Layton, but others have refuted this. I like the idea of this being a pilot, and a season will follow if succesful.
P.S. First origanal thread in this forum made by a non-telltalian! WOO!

88 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know if this is the best direction to go in; people are expecting licensed episodic adventure games, if this is veered away from you could wind up with angry and confused customers. Even some forum regulars are a bit confused with this set up.

You have the market for this fomula cornered, if you start jumping around people may think you lost focus...

Maybe not; I am just trying to play devil's advocate a bit.

• Grickle's been a part of the company since its founding. It's kind of weird, but in a way Grickle is to Telltale what Sam & Max was to LucasArts -- it's one of those things that's sort of always been around the studio, so for us it made a lot of sense to go there for a project like this.

Also, if you really want to get down to it, our first game was a comedy poker game, so this is closer to the "core" people are now familiar with than some of our stuff :P

• I'm surprised that someone that joined the forums before I did made that post. A Grickle game doesn't belong at Telltale? I might have expected as much from someone that came in with Tales of Monkey Island, but I'm pretty sure a Grickle/Dunk game has been clamored for in the community for some time.

• @Rather Dashing said: And people think I dwell on minutia.

minutiae.

• Sort of off-topic, but I'm liking Mark Darin's mutton chop facial hair, haha!

markdarin.png

Sorta reminds me of Motorhead's frontman Lemmy...

1bzzrd83.jpg

• I will definitely be buying this game, I'm just consider how I'm going to use the 50%-off deal first. I haven't even watched all of the Grickle videos or read all of the comics - in fact I've watched and read almost none - but I've gotten a taste of each and I already love the style, so I'm a certain buyer.

• I'm not saying the problem is with the subject, more with the way it is planned on being sold.
    Actually, will this game be longer than, say, an episode of any other series? It being standalone...

Damn, I'm really far behind on reading Dunk, I need to catch up D:

• Honestly i was a bit dissapointed this morning because I thought that we would get the game already. Ah well...

Taumel, TTG related waiting for

1) Sam&Max E2
    2) Gricklegame
    3) The preordered package due to TOMI DVD.

This waiting thing is meant to be part of the game, right? :O)

• @Chuck said: minutiae.

HAHAHA irony. :D

@Chuck said: I'm not saying the problem is with the subject, more with the way it is planned on being sold.
    Do you object to the 50% off coupon that essentially makes the game free with any $20 purchase, or the fact that it's sold as only one episode so that Telltale can afford to try more risky and innovative ideas?

@Chuck said: Honestly i was a bit dissapointed this morning because I thought that we would get the game already. Ah well...
    You shouldn't have been, that's really your mistake. Not to be mean, but the press over at IGN and other sites said June, the leaked survey said June, and the main site said "Learn More On May 4th", not "Buy It May 4th". Telltale's games generally have a pre-order period.

• I didn't read IGN and my thinking was, surprise=pilot and the rest of the game afterwards. But what do you expect from a grickle fan?!

Beside of this i don't think you're mean, just kind of stubborn and naiv game arts related. ;O)

Add Comment