User Avatar Image

Pre-ordered yet?

posted by Fury on - last edited - Viewed by 996 users

Just a poll to see how many people are interested in this game.

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dashing: I'm curious why you want 3 copies of the case file. Planning on selling them on ebay when they're out of stock?

• @Avistew said: @Dashing: I'm curious why you want 3 copies of the case file. Planning on selling them on ebay when they're out of stock?

Actually, not three. Six. I own four.

I better explain this one.

See, each Case File comes with one of six character's Time Cards. These come in Bosco, Ms Bosco, Superball, Soda Poppers, and Sam and Max variations. The first time I had a 50% off deal, I thought I might as well snag a case file....after all, these were reduced to near-nothing and I'd lost my Friendly Demon Song CD from the first one. I was lucky enough not to get a duplicate card. I then did the same thing, but with two case files, during the recent 50% off Sam and Max sale, mainly because it'd be nice to have a "full-ish set" of four coasters, a couple more Soul Tokens, and a couple back-up copies of the Friendly Demon Song disc. Again, fortune! No duplicate cards.

So now I'd like to try my luck again, because I'm now two cards away from a full set of time cards, and also because one of cards I'm missing is Sam(my favorite character of the set).

• @Rather Dashing said: So now I'd like to try my luck again, because I'm now two cards away from a full set of time cards, and also because one of cards I'm missing is Sam(my favorite character of the set).

I have TWO Sams. And I just have TWO cases files!!!! T_T

• Oh, I see, I didn't realise there were several possible cards. That makes sense.

• I'm considering what to buy using the 50% off first, but it's basically an instant purchase.

• I want this game and want to preorder, but I have a few questions first:

I'd heard the game was going to be episodic, but it looks like this is just a preorder for one game. Will there be a season pass available later on? If so, will people who bought this get to upgrade on the cheap? Will there be a collector's DVD available?

In a nutshell, I want to be sure that after I preorder, Telltale doesn't come along with a way better preorder offer for a season set wiith collector's DVD. It doesn't SOUND like a very Telltale thing to do, but this is a unique game for them...

• @Pak-Man said: I'd heard the game was going to be episodic, but it looks like this is just a preorder for one game. Will there be a season pass available later on?

You heard...somewhat wrong. Puzzle Agent is part of Telltale's new "Pilot Program", where they'll make one game that is more "risky" to produce. This game, for example, uses a different gameplay mechanic and a license that very few people know about.

So, what you're pre-ordering is a "pilot episode", meant to test the waters to see if there's interest in the game. If this one does well, we might get an episodic series out of it. We don't know how pricing would work on the eventual season, or if the pilot will affect it or be a part of it. As of right now, there aren't plans to make more Puzzle Agent games, that's for sales and critical reception to decide.

If so, will people who bought this get to upgrade on the cheap? Will there be a collector's DVD available?

There is not going to be a DVD for this game on its own, and it's not a series yet so we can't really know what they plan to do with the pilot.

In a nutshell, I want to be sure that after I preorder, Telltale doesn't come along with a way better preorder offer for a season set wiith collector's DVD. It doesn't SOUND like a very Telltale thing to do, but this is a unique game for them...

Better deals come along all the time. For example, I pre-ordered Sam and Max Season Three for $35. Now someone can get Puzzle Agent and Season Three for less than I paid for Season Three. Still, if you're planning on getting anything else along with Puzzle Agent, the 50% off coupon is really nice.

• Need to wait for my dad to decide whether this, voodoo cards and a shot glass is worth 40.80 US simoleons, including shipping :rolleyes:

• Difficult, difficult.

Was planning on waiting it out, but it's rather interesting with the 50% deal. Wanted to get SMI:SE after all. And more, but in those cases I have to take into account huge shipping costs to Europe, which can get more than twice of the item value, making me better wait for Free Shipping.

AAARRRGH...

• Obviously my pre-order is being held up by my need to know why Nelson Tethers owns a 2x2 unsolvable Rubick's Cube.

Add Comment