User Avatar Image

WTF is Grickle / The Puzzle Agent? (next Telltale game)

posted by GTALostHeaven on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

This is the first time Ive heard of Grickle Today, Ive just seen the feature for 'The Puzzle Agent' (aka Grickle) on youtube. Quite frankly Im not a fan of the animation or style , Its got that garry larson farside blandness to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL8uJt1lvk

I want to be fair and say I'd give it a chance but all my instincts tell me that this game is Bad and a poor choice for telltale

So maybe I havent heard of this before because im from the Uk I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this next game with a poll

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

@Pale Man said: I agree

Man, my life got better since I bought one. It now lies in my room at home. Sometimes I bring it to the office, enjoying it's company.

• @Majus said: Man, my life got better since I bought one. It now lies in my room at home. Sometimes I bring it to the office, enjoying it's company.

...oops
    That one wasn't me then...
    brokenwoodpallet.jpg

• I have to admit, recently I was watching the videos on the main page and ended up watching "The Hidden People." I was like "wtf?? is this for a game?" It seemed really creepy and stuff. Not at all what I was expecting at TTG's website.

I voted "I'll give it a chance" because I know Telltale is awesome, but I'll have you know that if it were developed by another independent game company, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

• I loved because I love Dank/Dunk and the fact I go WTF all the time with those videos.

• I'll wait for the demo first :)

• I'd also have to say I'll give it a chance. The style and design of Grickle is abit too freaky for my liking and I've never been a big fan of it. While I won't be preordering it I'll see how it works out but to be honest I have my doubts on this one.

• So.... excuse me if it has been answered already... what is the length of this game? Is there voice acting or is it just text? What is the puzzle / story ratio?

I want to pre-order and take a gamble but more information would be keen.

• @Jake said: We're trying to branch out a bit, stretching our arms a little with Grickle, after shipping almost 30 episodes of SCUMM style adventures, but obviously we love making that stuff or we wouldn't have made so much of it already. It's not going anywhere :)

You don't even know how much I'm loving this right now. I know you're making a big conscious risk with this one. I really hope it isn't too "freaky" for the public, because this is such a good chance for something unique and great.

• I would definitely not mind a horror adventure, but by the looks of it, this wont be that.

And yeah, not sure I like the looks of it either. But with the 50% deal they practically give it to me WITH money I guess, so, sure... why not in that case? :D

• @Irishmile said: Is there voice acting or is it just text?

Considering there's this screenshot:

diner_dialog.jpg

I would bet that it's just text.

Add Comment