User Avatar Image

De Soto Model

posted by TheGingerNinja on - last edited - Viewed by 910 users

I got really interested in De Sotos 'cause of Sam & Max and I was wondering what the model was. Also which model do you think is cool, and which color?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Avistew said: In the "ask Steve Purcell" subject of the preorder forum, he said that he did intent on finishing the webcomic, and that we had to see what years of rust did to their car.
    I guess you've ruined it for us now, eh? :p

Darnit, Avistew! I'd already forgotten Steve mentioned that! At least before, I could have led myself to believe it was a surprise ... :( :p

• @Avistew said: In the "ask Steve Purcell" subject of the preorder forum, he said that he did intent on finishing the webcomic, and that we had to see what years of rust did to their car.
    I guess you've ruined it for us now, eh? :p

I though that was Pidgeon Poop.

@Avistew said: One day we'll toss doors on there. It's not too hard the way it's modeled, but back when doing 101 it wasn't necessary so we skipped it. I would love to see doors though :)

Me too. Me too. For some stupid reason. Not really an actually valid one. =P

• @GinnyN said: I though that was Pidgeon Poop.

I didn't remember what it was, but since Jake mentioned rust I assumed that was that.

Oh well, now we don't know for sure! The Mystery is still alive!

• I like to think the gooier treats Sam and Max noshed on in the DeSoto contributed to the doors starting to glue themselves shut (hooray for godawful cleaning habits!). The years Sam and Max spent MIA finally did them in -- from severe sticking to a hermetic seal. Since the roof had gone to pot too, Sam didn't see the point in rushing to repair the doors, and Max had found a MoonPie he'd stuck between the cushions in the back seat for safekeeping eleven years earlier and didn't care anymore.

... What?

• But I was wondering what year model like 1963 or 1969
    ( I don't think there was a 1963 model)

• @Jake said: One day we'll toss doors on there. It's not too hard the way it's modeled, but back when doing 101 it wasn't necessary so we skipped it. I would love to see doors though :)

oh man i would love to see the desoto get a little more love like that. Its kind of the unofficial third main character.... that and its just a really kickass car.

quick question arent many of the background cars desotos as well only with hardtops?
    was permission needed from Chrysler to use the car?
    I find this behind the scenes stuff interesting thanks for sharing that stuff Jake.

• I'd find a way to put all the crazy attachments from the last two seasons and the decals on it (and stick Curt, Bob, and Chippy in there). maybe even some red ground lighting, being demonically possessed and all.

Has anyone noticed their supposed to be police but never invested in a police light?

• @Gammon said: Has anyone noticed their supposed to be police but never invested in a police light?

They never invested in "no stinkin' police badges!" either. Guess they think the black and white car and the guns is enough.

• The following is taken directly from the Freelance Police cartoon series bible written by Steve Purcell himself...

72665703.jpg

Here is a little known version of the DeSoto that I did not include in the pictures in an earlier post... Its concept art showing a futuristic version of the DeSoto, from the canceled action/adventure game Sam & Max Plunge Through Space Not to be confused with the also cancelled Lucasarts title Freelance Police

300px-Green_Mama%27s.jpg

Add Comment