User Avatar Image

Will you replay 'Tales' in 10 years?

posted by Armand1880 on - last edited - Viewed by 245 users

(Note: Please don't turn this into a "I hate Escape" thread)

I first played MI1 when I was 7.

I played MI2 when I was 8.

MI3 I watched the development of, I remember watching the trailer and trying to download the 20MB demo over dial up (I eventually just bought the PC Gamer with the demo on the disc - I still have magazine in a box with LeChuck on the cover). I finally played it when I was 12 or 13 when it came out.

MI4 I remember watching E3 news and being shocked by the first screen shot. I played it the day it came out when I was 15.

Now I'm 24, and I watched the details leak out about Tales from day one and left work early for Episode 1 to be released. Tales came out and I played it. I enjoyed it very much. I play all the first four Monkey Island games at least once a year (yes, even Escape), and I see myself doing do for many years to come. I'm sure many of us are the same way with re-playing these games. I can't count how many times I've played them...But will I play Tales once a year as well? Probably not. I might replay it before season 2 inevitably comes out...but will I see it with the same love and affection of the first four games? No.

I think it has something to do my age now, and nostalgia: wanting to relive part of my child hood. I love the series, and I can't wait for season 2 of Tales. But does Tales hold the same place in my heart? No. Will I add it into my re-play mix of the first four each year? No. Do I see myself still loading it up ten years from now? Probably not.

What do you all think?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment