User Avatar Image

Physical Copy?

posted by jweir on - last edited - Viewed by 905 users

One question nobody has seemed to ask and perhaps I've overlooked is this, do you receive a physical copy for just shipping after it releases?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Fury said: You wouldn't want the free DVD anyway. Because it would cost $22 in postage and it would take 12 months for Telltale to figure out how DVD burning works, so you wouldn't get it for ages....

crying-baby-giant-eyes1.jpg

• The Highway, we aren't waiting for Lucas Arts approval, we're just waiting for the duplicators and packaging.

• @WarpSpeed said: I normally refuse to get games that don't come with some kind of physical copy, because, well, sometimes I take a really long time to play them, and the company that produces them then goes out of business or decides they just want to produce Star Wars games from now on. With my physical copy, it doesn't matter as much. I think I'm going to make an exception for this one, though, because it's light-hearted, and there's some benefit even if I only ever get to play half of it for some reason.

And don't forget the point of the pilot is to get player feedback to determine if the game gets a full season. You're not supposed to pop it aside to play a year or two down the line.

• @jweir said: The Highway, we aren't waiting for Lucas Arts approval, we're just waiting for the duplicators and packaging.

Also, I would hope they'd do more than simply burn the same install files on a DVD, like they did to Wallace and Gromit. If a wait now means I won't have an indefinitely useless piece of crap like the Wallace and Gromit DVD, then I'll wait. I'd rather not be pissed off by the actual production quality, like I am with that piece of garbage Wallace and Gromit DVD I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT WHY DOES IT EVEN EXIST so I hope to see a really top-notch production for this thing. Will has said that we have a ton of special features on it, so hopefully this disc is going to be awesomeas in the polar opposite of the Wallace and Gromit DVD.

• ^ I was thinking about the same as Rather Dashing. I don't have that infamous disc, but I read the a lot of threads about it and maybe this time decided to work until is really done instead of rushed it.

• @Rather Dashing said: Also, I would hope they'd do more than simply burn the same install files on a DVD, like they did to Wallace and Gromit. If a wait now means I won't have an indefinitely useless piece of crap like the Wallace and Gromit DVD, then I'll wait. I'd rather not be pissed off by the actual production quality, like I am with that piece of garbage Wallace and Gromit DVD I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT WHY DOES IT EVEN EXIST so I hope to see a really top-notch production for this thing. Will has said that we have a ton of special features on it, so hopefully this disc is going to be awesomeas in the polar opposite of the Wallace and Gromit DVD.

Put a Strong Bad in there cause It's a piece of crap they didn't do a good job on that one either.

• SBCG4AP wasn't the very best DVD they've ever done, but it was definitely more "good, not great" than it was "bad".

• Well they've been neglecting the care and love they put in their Sam & Max DVDs, so yes Strong Bad was bad but not horrible.

I just hope if they make a Puzzle Agent DVD that it's better made than their others.

• @splash1 said: Well they've been neglecting the care and love they put in their Sam & Max DVDs, so yes Strong Bad was bad but not horrible.

It's not as good as their Sam and Max discs, no. But those were EXCELLENT, they excelled. I wouldn't call SBCG4AP a bad release, especially since that doesn't really illustrate well how FAR they dropped when they...I don't really know how to describe the Wallace and Gromit disc's creation process, but I'd certainly make sure to make it sound derogatory if I knew a word angry enough to express how horrendous it is.

I just hope if they make a Puzzle Agent DVD that it's better made than their others.

Did you, um, read the rest of the thread? We aren't even getting a Puzzle Agent DVD.

• @jweir said: The Highway, we aren't waiting for Lucas Arts approval, we're just waiting for the duplicators and packaging.

Oh.

Also, the only things I didn't like about the Strong Bad DVD was that there were no cutscenes (so I'm now making them myself with screen capture :D) and they wont rip to my computer without audio/video offset.

Add Comment