User Avatar Image

Voice Acting?

posted by diewernerbrueder on - last edited - Viewed by 322 users

Will there be any voice acting in the game? There doesn't seem to be any in the Grickle videos and the shots we have seen so far from the game doesn't seem to have any audible speech. I will probably still get it even if it doesn't have, but I'd just like to know for sure.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't say there was no plausible reason, and I probably should have noted that I do still think it probably will be voiceless, based on what we've seen so far.

I'm just saying that they could have voiced it if they wanted to, and I don't think that would have been a bad or wrong choice.

• Oh, definitely. It'll be good either way.

• I've said it elsewhere, but if they can scream and make monkey noises, then their larynx's work, so a good compromise would be mumbling and other emotions conveyed via vocal sounds - just not words - Traveller's Tales has done this wonderfully with their LEGO games in recent years. And... no translations needed for other languages!

But I'm sure whatever Telltale do, it'll be fine and it obviously will have been sanctioned by Graham Annable.

• It's clear they can talk and form english words though, if you look at the screenshots. The one screenshot has a townfolk telling Nelson Tethers he doesn't like cops... though through a speach bubble, making me think there will be no voice.

I think I'd prefer spoken dialogue, if I had a choice though.

• The speech bubble might be for those who prefers having subtitles as well. Having subtitles does not even slightly hint that there may be no voices. Every good game has them. I'm certain that the speech bubbles are there, not because there are no voices, but because they're the way they wanted the subtitles to be. Which makes sense in a game based on a comic.

• @StarEye said: The speech bubble might be for those who prefers having subtitles as well. Having subtitles does not even slightly hint that there may be no voices. Every good game has them. I'm certain that the speech bubbles are there, not because there are no voices, but because they're the way they wanted the subtitles to be. Which makes sense in a game based on a comic.

I don't know. Seems an odd way of doing subtitles to me.

• @jeeno0142 said: I don't know. Seems an odd way of doing subtitles to me.

I like it when subtitles are done that way. You always know who is talking and it's all comic-ey.
    Obviously wouldn't always work, but it can work very well.
    But I don't see voices as necessary, either.

• That its adapted from a comic doesn't really hold up. Look no further than Sam & Max and Bone. But speech bubbles do make a neat alternative subtitle system to simply putting the words across the bottom of the screen.

• I think it's worth noting that in screenshots of their games, Telltale usually - if not always - have the subtitles turned off. It'd seem odd, then, that they'd have them shown for Puzzle Agent unless that was the only option.

Merely speculation, of course.

• But it makes for a more intriguing screenshot with the speech bubble, than just having a guy on a snowmobile and another attending to a sign.

Add Comment