User Avatar Image

Voice Acting?

posted by diewernerbrueder on - last edited - Viewed by 540 users

Will there be any voice acting in the game? There doesn't seem to be any in the Grickle videos and the shots we have seen so far from the game doesn't seem to have any audible speech. I will probably still get it even if it doesn't have, but I'd just like to know for sure.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: Sam and Max didn't have voices until they made a game out of it.

No they had voices. They had a tv show if you remember.

Also this no voice thing could be interesting.

• @Gman5852 said: No they had voices. They had a tv show if you remember.

Nope. The game was first.

@Gman5852 said: Also this no voice thing could be interesting.

Agree.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I don't think there will be voice acting. Having speech bubbles rather than subtitles means that all the visual placements have to take the speech bubbles into consideration. Why would you bother doing that if it's just an alternative to the spoken word?

Additionally, in the types of logic puzzles they've shown (e.g. the arm-wrestling puzzle), you would generally want to be able to review multiple statements simultaneously. This just isn't possible without them being written down (unless maybe you are some kind of super-ginormous genius).

I think it will be like Professor Layton, in that cutscenes may be "voiced" or... "sound-effected" to some degree, but puzzles at least will almost certainly involve the speech bubbles. That would also fit with the style of Annable's animated shorts.

• I agree with Puzzlebox. I recon the cutscenes (if any) will be sound effects and not voices. I just don't see voices as working in the Grickle world. Maybe I'm just not be imaginative enough.

• Dear Telltale,

Is it a big secret as to whether the game will be fully, partially voiced or unvoiced?

If not, could someone from staff possibly make a comment?

Thanks,
    Your enquiring fans.

• I'm hoping there will only be sound effects (i.e. screaming) with some of that awesome music on the Puzzle Agent site playing to add to the creepiness.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@BadStrong said: I'm hoping there will only be sound effects (i.e. screaming) with some of that awesome music on the Puzzle Agent site playing to add to the creepiness.

I agree. I don't mind either way if there's full voice acting, partial voice acting, or no voice acting, but if there's no screaming, it just wouldn't be Grickle.

• I'll say you'll get that sorta jibberish that you hear in The Sims as opposed to full speech or no speech. No evidence, it's just a guess :)

• @JedExodus said: I'll say you'll get that sorta jibberish that you hear in The Sims as opposed to full speech or no speech.

I suddenly have the need to see characters from Ōkami as drawn by Graham Annable...

• Well, according to the new trailer, it does seem to have voice acting :)

Add Comment