User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @VeronicanPlay said: -You want Guybrush to talk in your GPS.

Epic

• -You hang out on a internet forum and create ridiculously meaningless threads.

• When you're trying to work out which Monkey Island quote would make a good epitaph

• pretty much all of your available messages on AIM are Monkey Island related.

- You toss MI quotes into conversations even if they aren't relevant.

-You spend a week trying to figure out if you can work an insult swordfighting mechanic into your D&D pirate campaign.

-When you bring up Monkey Island in a conversation about good stories in games and you let out a small squeal of fangirl glee when half the room responds with "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"
    (This happened to me last sunday with my new LARP group. We then proceeded to throw MI insults at each other for 20 minutes until the pizza delivery guy showed up.)

• @mgrant said: -You spend a week trying to figure out if you can work an insult swordfighting mechanic into your D&D pirate campaign.

Guilty. My Swashbuckler (Well, actually a Chaotic Good Aerialist Rogue using a Rapier, as 4e has no Swashbucklers) insults his foe when doing his extra Sneak Attack damage.

• @mgrant said: -You spend a week trying to figure out if you can work an insult swordfighting mechanic into your D&D pirate campaign.

Haha, this happened to me too! I asked my group's DM to create an insult swordfighting skill for my swashbuckler character. (this is not a pirate campaign, but we have many varieties of characters.)

- When you say 'Pappapisshu' instead of 'Youch.' (Happened to me, but on purpose.) Edit: Oops, already here. But I didn't misspell it!

- When you notice something like this in on of your favourite video games. (This is LotRO, and yes, I am dressed like King Graham.)

• @Sarendor said: Haha, this happened to me too! I asked my group's DM to create an insult swordfighting skill for my swashbuckler character. (this is not a pirate campaign, but we have many varieties of characters.)

@Sarendor said: Guilty. My Swashbuckler (Well, actually a Chaotic Good Aerialist Rogue using a Rapier, as 4e has no Swashbucklers) insults his foe when doing his extra Sneak Attack damage.

It makes sense to have a snarky swashbuckler after MI, doesn't it? :p

My chaotic neutral female minotaur Fighter/Swashbuckler from the last campaign (another Stormwrack based pirate one) insulted her foes as well, but she was a warhammer/ battle-axe dual wielder so it was more trash-talk than anything else.

Now that I got tossed DM duties and my Bugbear Swashbuckler is a PC as well (and dual wields swords) I figured now was a good time to work out a good system for it. I've got everything except the damage worked out really. Just hoping my group doesn't shoot it down because it's homebrew content. I mean, they've all played MI, but a couple of the players are real sticklers for the rules.

• - You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when you bring up the "You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when...." thread after some time

- when right after someone brings up "You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when...." thread again you have an uncontrollable urge to write something in it

- when you hate BTTF and Jurassic Park because you think instead of it they could be just doing one big happy new Monkey Island game

- when you think some computer game is good or bad only by comparing it to the Monkey Island game.

- when you laugh out loud anytime someone mentions ventriloquism.

- when you go to Zoo and tell your buddy that he has no idea what that snake has inside of it.

- when you think that Australians are ruthless millionaires.

- when you go to beach wearing dunce cap

- when you laugh in school during lecture on Marco Polo

• ...when you spend several hours designing a Risk board. A valid one for playing, in fact.

• I'm totally going to use that now.

-When you change your computer wallpaper weekly...and all your wallpapers are Monkey Island ones.

Add Comment