User Avatar Image

Any more W&G?

posted by KevinD872 on - last edited - Viewed by 561 users

Well, I'm probably one of many who came here for ToMI and stayed for just about everything else! :D I've purchased all the S&M titles as well as W&G.

I know that a new S&M is coming out (yay!) but I am guessing that there will be no more W&G? I know it's a bit on the easy side and probably aimed at people a quarter of my age, but I kind of liked it and would like to see more.

Anyone have any info on it? Is this series dead? Only one (short) season?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I loved the first season a lot. I actually liked it more than Tales of Monkey Island because they were so much like the films. :) Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures is the first time I played a movie-licensed game and actually felt like I was playing playable versions of the movies.

• I'd purchase another season of Wallace & Gromit.

Much as I hate the "direct control" thing, I have to admit that Wallace & Gromit did manage to somehow justify it. All the other games "featuring" such "technological breakthrough" were a disgrace in that department.

So yeah... I'd instantly give away me money for another series.

Cheers!

• @Gertcha said: Much as I hate the "direct control" thing, I have to admit that Wallace & Gromit did manage to somehow justify it. All the other games "featuring" such "technological breakthrough" were a disgrace in that department.

"No" they "weren't", "I" have no "idea" what you're "talking" about.

• Well, Pale Man, while I don't think they've been a "disgrace" per se, I can certainly see how someone could think that Tales and Sam and Max have somewhat underutilized the benefits of direct control. It would be cool if level design was completely re-thought, but in a lot of places it feels like instead of being dropped into a world, we end up still acting out our parts on a stage/box with one wall torn down, but with the occasional odd camera angle.

• The benefits of direct control for me include not having to pound the mouse button like a crazed chimp in order to walk across a panoramic scene.

• True enough! However, the proponents of point and click ENJOY mashing the mouse button in order to cross a wide scene, so you have to appeal to them with benefits that involve things that absolutely CANNOT be done with point and click. Also, since Telltale is going about saying that the big advantage of control schemes like these is mainly cinematic, it doesn't seem unreasonable for the customer to then assume that they are going to back up those statements with a substantial cinematic benefit that is visible in the end-product.

• @Rather Dashing said: True enough! However, the proponents of point and click ENJOY mashing the mouse button in order to cross a wide scene, so you have to appeal to them with benefits that involve things that absolutely CANNOT be done with point and click.

I agree. Left mouse button mashing is fun. Diablo, Titan Quest, Torchlight, amongst many others have one & only one appeal: the left button mashing 'till something's dead: the enemy on the screen, your character, your mouse, your tendons, or ultimately, you. And they've been highly successful.

@Rather Dashing said: Also, since Telltale is going about saying that the big advantage of control schemes like these is mainly cinematic, it doesn't seem unreasonable for the customer to then assume that they are going to back up those statements with a substantial cinematic benefit that is visible in the end-product.

Ayup. Wallace & Gromit did feel just like watching a short film on TV. That's why I begrudgingly accepted the necessary change for it to happen. What REALLY ticked me & made me become extremely vocal - or in this case, typer - was Monkey Island having none of the benefits & all of the crap. Fer Gawd's sake, the "cinematic" angles were HORRIBLE! All those jerky motions... ugh.

I never had an enema before, but I bet it must be at least as awkward as those camera angles.

In short - I'm actually all for direct control if it's justified as it was in Wallace & Gromit AND I'd buy another series in a heartbeat.

Cheers!

• I'd love to see another season as well. The latest movie, "A Matter of Loaf and Death", was a huge disappointment. The TTG game was much better story-wise, in my opinion.

• @Gertcha said: I agree. Left mouse button mashing is fun. Diablo, Titan Quest, Torchlight, amongst many others have one & only one appeal: the left button mashing 'till something's dead: the enemy on the screen, your character, your mouse, your tendons, or ultimately, you. And they've been highly successful.

PS: You can hold down the left mouse button to continue attacking in every game you just mentioned. No need to pound your mouse into oblivion.

• If I have said it once, then I have said it a million times... they NEED to make a season 2. Sure it isn't a billion seller, but looking at the posts here, it is safe to say it has it's fanbase. Hell.... W&G is the only reason I gave a damn about this company in the first place if that is any indication (& no.... I hadn't watched any of the movies or shorts before playing the game).

Add Comment