User Avatar Image

What are your thoughts?

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 903 users

From what what we know so far, of course. I kind of think that the game looks a bit like Layton, but others have refuted this. I like the idea of this being a pilot, and a season will follow if succesful.
P.S. First origanal thread in this forum made by a non-telltalian! WOO!

88 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No matter how easy they might be, i don't like them (those sliding Things).

• Can't comment on the story yet but it looks promising.And I loved the screen shots and Mr.Graham's artwork so far.
    How are you gonna make it look 3D? are you gonna use the technique you used in SBCG4AP?I haven't seen the video yet, I'd better check it out.
    And I love the "Puzzle Agent"'s web-page design :) Was it Mr Graham's work or your's, Jake?[if you're reading this]

it being set in Minnesota reminds me of a great movie I saw recently from Coen Brothers, Fargo.

I've been thinking it would be great if you guys in TellTale put some references for it.I'm a reference finder nerd and I really enjoy them:D I love finding references in movies and games.

Also, is there gonna be Minnesota accent in it? you know , Yah? No? Oh, Jeez :D
    I'm not ridiculing the accent, what I mean is, I love to hear it thorough the game.

EDIT:I just saw Jake's answer that whether the game will be 3D or 2D.Mixing them up kinda reminds me of Sam and Max Reality 2.0 where we get to be 2D in 3D environment.
    and I read some few post from the first page, So you guys think it's like Fargo too huh? :)

• I admit, I really intrested in the game, mainly for the puzzle game play. I like the Prof. Layton games, I even played the PS3 title 'Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle'. I admit, it was rough going at first (I'm not as good at the puzzles as I thought I was...), but the game is growing on me, gets better each time I play it.

I imagine this next game will be the same way; kinda strange when you start, but you get more comfortable as you progress. I'm also really impressed with the art style of the game. When they had a comparison shot of the concept drawing and the final game shot...I almost couldn't tell the difference.

I'll give this game a shot...afterall its from Telltale, so I know it will be good.

• @Linque said: It's hard to be episodic on the DS. They might release the game for the DS after the whole game is completed.

They could have used DSIware the same way as Wiiware. That would allow for episodic releases.

• DSiWare would be pretty difficult, seeing as it allows for even less room for the game than WiiWare.

But this is becoming my most wanted game very quickly. I really hope this is made into a series, because I love mysteries and this game is shaping up to be awesome.

• @BadStrong said: DSiWare would be pretty difficult, seeing as it allows for even less room for the game than WiiWare.

I agree that the dual screen might take a bit of extra thinking, but personally I wouldn't mind it all on one screen. I think it's big enough for the game. The Iphone is so why not the DS? Still, this doesn't change the fact that it's not coming out on the DS, so I'll stop ranting.:p

• Does any one know if the pilot program will solely be for in house projects or will it be a publishing platform? It would be cool if people could pitch ideas to Telltale and if they like it you could make a pilot for the game

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Steky said: Does any one know if the pilot program will solely be for in house projects or will it be a publishing platform? It would be cool if people could pitch ideas to Telltale and if they like it you could make a pilot for the game

I think they'll make it up as they go along. :p

In all seriousness, it sounds likely that at some point in the future they'll be open to approaches where the IP has an established fan base. From a recent G4tv interview with Dan Connors:

G4: One of the things that happens in the TV model is it's not necessarily all produced internally -- pilots can be outsources, ideas can come from the outside. Is the Pilot Program something that could possibly expand outside of Telltale?

Connors: Oh, yeah. That's definitely part of our growth plan so we go from a huge operation to a mega-huge operation. Definitely, I think that's something [we could do]. We've got a channel, we've got a infrastructure to support product coming through, so it may be something where we look for partners to work on something and maybe something where somebody is incubating an idea or a concept that's just a really cool franchise and has an installed base and taking a shot in the interactive world makes sense and it makes sense to us, so it might be that kind of thing.

That interview is well worth a read if you're curious about the pilot program.

• @Steky said: Does any one know if the pilot program will solely be for in house projects or will it be a publishing platform? It would be cool if people could pitch ideas to Telltale and if they like it you could make a pilot for the game

I don't think we are entirely sure. There are a few ideas kicking around the office which I imagine will get priority, but if things go well who knows what direction things could go. As of this moment there aren't immediate plans to start soliciting outside story pitches or design docs, though, so don't send us anything! We'd be legally obligated to destroy it without reading it, so you don't sue us for stealing it. :) ... :( :)

• @Jake said: don't send us anything! We'd be legally obligated to destroy it

Eek! I'm glad that doesn't apply to knit stuff :eek:

Add Comment