User Avatar Image

The Devil's Playhouse Speculation Thread

posted by Detective on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

So! With the deluge of information that came about today, there's tons of stuff to speculate about in regards to the new season.

On thing that really piqued my interest was that shot of the game's main villains.

ndalg8.jpg

Obviously in the middle is General Skunkape, and next to him is the insect man/thing that was seen in the trailer. To the right of Skunkape is a small man wearing what I assume to be a tophat. No idea who he could be. Next to him looks like what could possibly Brady Culture due to the afro and the prominent nose.

Next to him, is what appears to be Stinky of all people! And even more interesting is that next to him there appear to be four figures that look remarkably like Sam! And then, there's the two giant pillars in the background, that upon closer inspection, appear to resemble Max's legs! There also seem to be 3 different versions of molepeople to the left of the smaller figure next to insect man!

160 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • my guess is that that one is in The Tomb od Sammun-Mac

• The museum is in The Penal Zone, because the file name says it is concept art for 301.

• Maybe this is obvious and I'm just slow, but isn't Sal the name of the cook at Stinky's?

• @Shwoo said: Maybe this is obvious and I'm just slow, but isn't Sal the name of the cook at Stinky's?

Yes.

• @Harald B said: And Steve Purcell already made a post or two on the monkey island forums under the name "Steve Purcell"...

On-topic, TinyPic downsized my exposed character lineup a bit, so I'm able to give you this cutout in bumped-up res. This is as large as I have though.
    k4xjk7.png
    It does look like a helmet, and I definitely see vampire teeth.

alright i got this: it looks female, definately think you're right with the fangs, and if you look at the fingernails it looks like they're sharp. i don't think it's an afro, but rather a pilgrim hat, to go with the buckled shoes. her eyes are red, her hair is aqua marine, facially she looks more like jurgen than brady culture, so i propose instead that it is a vampire pilgrim witch, possibly burned back in the days in salem... or jurgens mom.

• The only thing that doesn't add up is grandpa Stinky being a villain, he's one off my favorite characters (after sam and max) with all the insults and grumpy attitude ;)

• @Shwoo said: What's a treasure crab?

I was watching the trailer again, and I noticed that the narrator says "Use Sam, and Max's strange psychic gifts...". Does that mean Sam gets psychic powers at some point too?

And I think the place with the computer that can't get rid of Max's stuff is in BoscoTech Labs, or whatever it's called.

fix'd

• @seson3churious said: The only thing that doesn't add up is grandpa Stinky being a villain, he's one off my favorite characters (after sam and max) with all the insults and grumpy attitude ;)

You can't see him as the villain, wow.... I totally see him being a full Episode antagonist.

• @seson3churious said: The only thing that doesn't add up is grandpa Stinky being a villain, he's one off my favorite characters (after sam and max) with all the insults and grumpy attitude ;)

Attempting to create a race of Uber-mensch by dishing out life-threatening infectious diseases is very cool villainy, very Sam and Maxish.

• BTW, the Penal Zone mentions Bosco and Bluster Blaster going to Las Vegas. Perhaps we'll be visiting the great city of gambling in one of the future episodes?

Add Comment