User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu

598 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Highway said: When you said that "you" made it up i immediately thought it was going to be messed up, so:

A guy. Because, going down, you have:
    - 2 nipples;
    - 1 belly button
    - and 3 er... legs.

Nope, the "then" is a time thing. First there are two of something, then one, then three. I probably could have phrased it better but hey, I was young! (and I'm out of ideas right now).

• oh. no. it's not that. potatoes have eyes, but it's CORN that has the ears :p

Avistew, is it like... the number 213?

• @The Highway said: oh. no. it's not that. potatoes have eyes, but it's CORN that has the ears :p

Avistew, is it like... the number 213?

Well, when a potato and a cob of corn love each other very much...

• I thought that! But then I thought: no, she was little, she cant have been THAT sick!

A guy and a girl = 2
    Copulation between said guy and girl = 1 combined mass
    Baby, guy and girl = 3

• You can peel a potato so that it looks like that. Btw did you mean corn in a medical sense or more the corn you can eat?

• @The Highway said: Avistew, is it like... the number 213?

It's not a number. It's something that's alive.

And now that I think of it, it can apply to more things than I thought at the time.

• @taumel said: You can peel a potato so that it looks like that. Btw did you mean corn in a medical sense or more the corn you can eat?

I dunno. either way, it has nothing to do with potatoes or corn.

• @The Highway said: I thought that! But then I thought: no, she was little, she cant have been THAT sick!

A guy and a girl = 2
    Copulation between said guy and girl = 1 combined mass
    Baby, guy and girl = 3

Yes! that's it!
    Technically, the answer should be "a heterosexual, non-sterile couple that doesn't use birth control". But at the time the answer I expected was "a mommy and a daddy". (Which is flawed too, since they're not parents to begin with. Oh well.)

• what i want to know is, how old were you when you made that up?

Alright, I is sleepy now, so before I go I'm giving you another one to solve;

In a town with two barbers, one always has a messy haircut and an untidy shop, while the other has a neat cut and the cleanest store around. Which one would you go to?

• That's the main problem with these kind of riddles, often too many valid options can show up, things get worse if the words aren't wisely choosen. It could be cool in an adventure also would recognize this and so offer several valid solutions.

Add Comment