User Avatar Image

What do you look like? (Post a Pic!)

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 11.7K users

I was just posting to one of these on another forum and decided to post on here too when I was stunned to find there is not a thread on here for it! (and I searched! I searched through of 17 pages of results!)

So, very simple 1-5 pics of yourself per post, no double-posting pics (though if you want to post more you can at a later point. Please no photoshopping (except red-eye removal or brightness/contrast)

I'll go first

Another_Frontal_View_by_Neko_0ni.jpg

click for full-size view!

Ok, who's th next victem? I mean volunteer! ;)

2.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: Maybe one day we could invade France and demand a king's ransom in bananas.

[ATTACH]1496[/ATTACH]

YES! We'll march over the military line with our 6,000 pound elephants! Then we'll load our trunks with peanuts and FIAAAAAH!!!! Those Paris sissies will never know what hit them! Hahahah- oh, uh...

You really shouldn't think that way...

• Andrew_Ryan.png

There. I took this picture especially for you fine ladies and gentlemen, my dear friends.

• Clearly, that picture is a fake.

I mean, you Photoshopped the golf club out and everything.

• I finally took a picture of my haircut. Well, two pictures, I guess.

1z4x204.png

My left side is due for a cut, it's getting over my ear...

Also, considering I took these in the mirror, I just realised my profile picture is wrong...
    Oopsie?

• I do like asymetric haircuts.

One thing i always wonder about when seeing glasses is, don't they get on people's nerves? I mean sometimes you're looking through them, sometimes not, then the frame comes in between, the weight on the nose, you can't move freely, sometimes it gets steamed up, ...

Makes me feel very happy that i still don't need them.

• I'm used to mine. I usually don't even notice that I'm wearing them, even though if I think about it, the frames are always in my field of vision. I don't remember how I felt about them at first, but now it feels like something is missing on the rare occasions (see: once so far) that I wear contacts. Plus I prefer the way I look with them.

• Well, it's pretty light... Ever heard of someone looking for their glasses when they're already wearing them? That's how light it is. And I never wear the kind that pinch your nose or something. As for looking through them or not, I guess I'm just used to it, but I remember when I first wore glasses my dreams had the edge of my glasses in them.

Otherwise, it's like a watch, I'd say the usefulness makes up for the small downsides. The downsides of wearing glasses are for instance that it can be uncomfortable to wear glasses + headphones, that you don't see much when it's raining, and that they get steamed up when you enter a room warmer than where you were before (or if you're drinking a hot drink).
    Also, in France you say hi by kissing on both cheeks, and when both people wear glasses one of the two needs to remove them or they hit each other. Which can be awkward if you can't "decide" who removes their glasses. Kind of like when you don't "decide" which way to go first and almost kiss on the mouth. A bit awkward but nothing too bad.

But I like them as an accessory, I like being able to see properly and contacts hurt my eyes, so I'm fine with wearing glasses, really.

• All this pretending kissing is a somehow stupid thing.I say, take the lips or let it be. :O)

Well, i'm glad that you're fine with yours but i personally prefer not having to carry stuff around with me, that i mostly do not need, so no watch and if possible no cellphone as well.

• @taumel said: All this pretending kissing is a somehow stupid thing. I say, take the lips or let it be. :O)

I am realising I have never kissed someone who wears glasses. Clearly, this needs to be remedied. Also, now I wonder how that would work, and if you'd need to remove your glasses first for that too.

Will, you wear glasses, don't you? Wanna kiss?
    EDIT: (For science!)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Avistew said:
    Also, in France you say hi by kissing on both cheeks, and when both people wear glasses one of the two needs to remove them or they hit each other. Which can be awkward if you can't "decide" who removes their glasses. Kind of like when you don't "decide" which way to go first and almost kiss on the mouth. A bit awkward but nothing too bad.

I always wondered if there was a conventional "first direction" for that - like how it's expected that you always shake hands with your right hand.

@Avistew said:
    But I like them as an accessory, I like being able to see properly and contacts hurt my eyes, so I'm fine with wearing glasses, really.

If you've always known someone to wear glasses, it can be weird to see them without that "frame" to their face.

I like them as an accessory too but I wouldn't want to wear glasses all the time. I don't really need them (and rarely wear them), but I have some for long-distance vision stuff like driving and seeing movies at the cinema. It's like the difference between standard definition and high definition. :p

Add Comment