User Avatar Image

Physical Copy?

posted by jweir on - last edited - Viewed by 877 users

One question nobody has seemed to ask and perhaps I've overlooked is this, do you receive a physical copy for just shipping after it releases?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Fury said: You wouldn't want the free DVD anyway. Because it would cost $22 in postage and it would take 12 months for Telltale to figure out how DVD burning works, so you wouldn't get it for ages....


    Oh, go fry in a dryer already... :rolleyes:

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @Wapcaplet said: We do know from Sean Vanaman's blog that they have planned out the rest of the series if it gets greenlit:

    (Been waiting for an appropriate time to post this.)


    It's nice to know they have an idea for the rest of the series if the pilot does well. I really hope this is a success for Telltale, both because I love Graham Annable's art style and strange sense of humor, and because I love the idea behind the Pilot Program. :)

    This could very well be like the short cartoons of Pixar where they give people with no directing experience the chance to direct a pilot episode, or even give someone the chance to come up with a game concept. It's a very exciting idea to me. :D

  • Surely if this is a success and will be made into a series with more episodes, there will be an upgrade offered to all who bought the first episode (pilot) right?

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @prizna said: Surely if this is a success and will be made into a series with more episodes, there will be an upgrade offered to all who bought the first episode (pilot) right?


    Almost certainly. Telltale offers their seasons at an upgrade rate for those who bought one episode for their other seasons. If this does become a whole season I'm sure that Telltale would have an upgrade option for it in their store.

  • @prizna said: Surely if this is a success and will be made into a series with more episodes, there will be an upgrade offered to all who bought the first episode (pilot) right?

    I doubt it. The upgrade applies to buying one episode of a series, then getting the rest minus the cost of that one episode.

    This is a pilot game, which means it's seperate from the normal season structure. If Puzzle Agent gets a full season, the pilot game most likely won't be a part of it, which means that there would be no justification for offering a season upgrade.

    Granted in TV the pilot episode is sometimes the first episode in a series run, but normally the general public doesn't see the pilot until the full series airs. In this case, though, we will have all seen (or played) the pilot, which means it is unlikely that a full series would contain the pilot at all.

  • @Thespis said: This is a pilot game, which means it's seperate from the normal season structure. If Puzzle Agent gets a full season, the pilot game most likely won't be a part of it, which means that there would be no justification for offering a season upgrade.


    It seems to me that separating the pilot from the rest of the season would needlessly complicate things.

    If the pilot is sold separately from the rest of the season, you would need to make two separate purchases to qualify for the end-of-season DVD (which would likely have both the pilot and the rest of the series on it).

    Also, by making an upgrade discount available for the rest of the season, that creates a "special offer" incentive for people who already bought the pilot. Upgrade pricing is a strong marketing tool for Telltale already; they'll probably keep using it for pilots that lead to a full season.

  • I don't know. It still makes more sense to me to have the pilot lead to a full series that starts with an episode 1 that isn't the pilot.

    We'll see, I guess.

  • @Thespis said: I don't know. It still makes more sense to me to have the pilot lead to a full series that starts with an episode 1 that isn't the pilot.

    We'll see, I guess.

    Even if that is the case, it makes sense to give pilot purchasers incentive to buy the new season, even if just in the form of a $5 discount or something similar. And there is no doubt any pilot that spawns a full series will be included on the DVD as a bonus.

  • @Pale Man said: Even if that is the case, it makes sense to give pilot purchasers incentive to buy the new season, even if just in the form of a $5 discount or something similar. And there is no doubt any pilot that spawns a full series will be included on the DVD as a bonus.

    I never said I didn't think there would be some sort of incentive. I just don't think there will be a season upgrade option.

    And, I definitely agree about the DVD.

  • If they didn't treat the pilot as if they were to continue the series, it would lead to unpreparedness and a possible lack of quality. I really hope this does well enough for Telltale to carry out their plans for this series.

Add Comment