User Avatar Image

Jack Black Likes Grickle? o_O

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 702 users

@Space Wolf T-Shirt Page said: This iconic design originated from a short video by Grickle illustrator Graham Annable. The video's good, the shirt's even better! Even Jack Black thinks so!

spacewolf_jackblack.jpgDoes Jack Black like Grickle? That's pretty cool, you'd think Telltale would feature that more prominently on the site!

Never mind, just realised that was shopped. I think.

Actually, now I don't think it was shopped.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Psy

@puzzlebox said: Haha, that's ridiculous. Trying to control language? You'd have better luck trying to control an avalanche of cats.

To be fair, have you ever *tried* to control an avalanche of cats?

• @Psy said: To be fair, have you ever *tried* to control an avalanche of cats?

Wouldn't you be able to divert it with a ditch filled with mice or some sort of yarn-based solution?

• @Rather Dashing said: Wouldn't you be able to divert it with a ditch filled with mice or some sort of yarn-based solution?

I think a giant canister of canned air combined with an enormous vacuum cleaner would be the most reliable way to divert it.

• We could also try some sort of equivalent attack dog force, though that solution may be somewhat messy.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Psy said: To be fair, have you ever *tried* to control an avalanche of cats?

Psy totally called me out... I feel like such a poseur. :(

• @puzzlebox said: You're a lawyery-type person, aren't you Wap?

Yup. My last two years of law school were focused on intellectual property law (patent/trademark/copyright/unfair trade). I had originally wanted to be a patent attorney -- the problem was that you need an engineering or scientific bachelors degree to take the US patent bar exam, and I was a politicial science & sociology double-major. Oops. :-/

@puzzlebox said: I was under the impression that Microsoft actually wants "Bing" to become a verb. I heard it used on some TV show (as in, "Why don't you Bing it?"), and assumed it had to be product placement because it was so jarring. No one says "Bing it". I think they showed the webpage too. Would a company court common usage like that for the exposure, then whack up some legal stuff to the contrary to ensure the trademark remains protected?

Yup, I think you're right, though Microsoft is being a bit too blatant about it for my tastes. That's exactly the sort of evidence you would use to show that Microsoft failed to protect its rights in the mark. And yes, Microsoft is being sued for trademark infringement. The Bing trademark application hasn't been approved yet by the USPTO, either, and at least two companies have filed oppositions to Microsoft's application, claiming they used the term "bing" first.

Google, of course, is now actively protecting its mark even though Larry Page, one of Google's founders, has used the phrase "keep googling" in the distant past.

• @puzzlebox said: Psy totally called me out... I feel like such a poseur. :(

Well, you could always test out your hypothesis...with science!

Let's see, who on the forum has a large number of cats...

• @Pale Man said: I think a giant canister of canned air combined with an enormous vacuum cleaner would be the most reliable way to divert it.

Laser pointers, tons of them. Cats love them and would follow them over a cliff if necessary (not that I would want that, I love cats).

cute%20cat.jpg

• Jack Black surprised me. His favourite game of all time was Psychonauts.

I'm guessing now it's Brutal Legend though...

• Xerox ran a series of ads in various magazines and journalism trades a couple years ago, about how they don't want writers using "Xerox" the way one uses "zipper" or "aspirin," as examples of trademarked names being unprotected enough that they are lost.

Add Comment