User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak Discussion!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

New thread since the game's out! Here's the old pre-discussion thread.

episode2.jpg

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The Tomb of Sammun-Mak

It's here! Download it from the Sam & Max site, or your games page.

Trailer!
Watch the Tomb of Sammun-Mak trailer on Telltale's YouTube channel!

Reviews and stuff
Reviews are starting to appear! Beware of :spoil-o:!
[LIST]
[*]Adventure Gamers
[*]Sam & Max.co.uk
[*]Mixnmojo
[*]GameCritics
[*]Adventure Classic Gaming
[*]Buttonbasher
[*]Attack of the Fanboy
[*]Zeitgeist Review (video)
[*]Games, Gold, and Glory
[*]Alternative Magazine Online

[*]MeriStation (original in Spanish)
[*]GameOn[/LIST]

Is it out yet? When will it be released?
It's out!

How about a "Did You Try?" list?
The forums are accumulating one in this thread. Join in with any hidden bits and alternate paths you found!

Where can I see art from the game?
The season-wide trailer and stuff is on the official site. You may also want to take a look at the Telltale blog, which includes this interview with Tomb of Sammun-Mak designer Andy Hartzell, as well as some screenshots and concept art!

What is the official marketing spiel for this game? I am dying to know!!!
"In the second episode, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, the Freelance Police face even more bizarre and dangerous new characters (and some familiar faces). The game's designer calls this episode Sam & Max's "trippiest trip yet", as it features new psychic powers, peculiar foes, a journey on the Disorient Express and an ancient mysterious riddle from across the ages."

So you guys've been playing it, right? What do you think? Let's talk about games!

294 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • sorry no need to go off topic but why is that steam release taking so long?
    sorry...

• It always does. It may seem annoying right now but trust me, it does not matter that much... :)

Now, the IPAD release thing, THAT was annoying.

• is astral projection REALLY skipping parts of the game like it seems it is? cuz i'm afraid to use it for that reason

• New member, long-time player though. I received the Monkey Island Special Edition via Steam as a gift, and promptly went about purchasing the Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max Season 1, Season 2, and now Season 3. I have to applaud Telltale Games for their tremendous quality that's brought these favorite characters back to life with awesome new stories.

However, now comes the bad part. Personally, I kinda feel like a red-headed stepchild today sitting around waiting aimlessly for news whether or not we will see Ep. 2 released via Steam today. What gives, TTG? If you only want folks to order materials via your website, then please state that to be the case, and don't offer it to be purchased via Steam's servers, so we have a clear understanding of your marketing wants.

As it sits right now, it's a pretty poor version of customer service on this end, when all I'd like to do is download and enjoy the game that I purchased as one of your customers. Some info would be greatly appreciated already. :(

• @jadekitten5425 said: is astral projection REALLY skipping parts of the game like it seems it is? cuz i'm afraid to use it for that reason

I'm pretty sure the idea is to experience the story sort of... simultaneously. As in having to do one section to find the answer to a puzzle from a previous section.

• @Houstondragon said: New member, long-time player though. I received the Monkey Island Special Edition via Steam as a gift, and promptly went about purchasing the Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max Season 1, Season 2, and now Season 3. I have to applaud Telltale Games for their tremendous quality that's brought these favorite characters back to life with awesome new stories.

However, now comes the bad part. Personally, I kinda feel like a red-headed stepchild today sitting around waiting aimlessly for news whether or not we will see Ep. 2 released via Steam today. What gives, TTG? If you only want folks to order materials via your website, then please state that to be the case, and don't offer it to be purchased via Steam's servers, so we have a clear understanding of your marketing wants.

As it sits right now, it's a pretty poor version of customer service on this end, when all I'd like to do is download and enjoy the game that I purchased as one of your customers. Some info would be greatly appreciated already. :(

Valve need to make a Steam version before it gets released.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@The Gentleman said: Valve need to make a Steam version before it gets released.

I assume Telltale's influence on when it's available on Steam is rather limited, right?

• @Steve2911 said: I'm pretty sure the idea is to experience the story sort of... simultaneously. As in having to do one section to find the answer to a puzzle from a previous section.

so i'm spose to use it and shouldn't worry?

Add Comment