User Avatar Image

What do you look like? (Post a Pic!)

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 17.7K users

I was just posting to one of these on another forum and decided to post on here too when I was stunned to find there is not a thread on here for it! (and I searched! I searched through of 17 pages of results!)

So, very simple 1-5 pics of yourself per post, no double-posting pics (though if you want to post more you can at a later point. Please no photoshopping (except red-eye removal or brightness/contrast)

I'll go first

Another_Frontal_View_by_Neko_0ni.jpg

click for full-size view!

Ok, who's th next victem? I mean volunteer! ;)

2.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can see without them well enough, certainly not read or anything though, and not see that well. But for swimming for instance my father would wear contacts under his swimming goggles and my middle brother had swimming goggles made especially for his eyesight, so I'm not so bad within my family.
    Also, out of 6 people, only one (my oldest brother) doesn't wear glasses/contacts or didn't use to (my middle brother got operated on, or should have by now at least).

• I actually recently got contacts for the first time since I was 15. It's a bit of a change, but so far I like them. Surprisingly, people don't seem terribly taken aback by my glassless face.

• I wear contacts most of the time. I'm not a fan of the square framed glasses I have right now and they don't sell round frames here anymore. But I'm considereing prk surgery for my eyes in a few monthes (My eyes prescription is -5.00 and I have an astigmatism in both eyes).

• 24675_433987140920_635155920_5826555_723
    I look like a damn crazy swede

• @Jenny said: How is kissing someone on the cheek pretend kissing?

I was talking about the cheek kissing which is common in some cultures when they are greeting each other. I find this a weird form of communication. It's somehow intimate but also not really, just something in between where some woman might exchange their makeup.

The alternative is pretending cheek kisses and moving the head from one side of the head to the other for a few times. Weird and just not my thing. I prefer giving the hand or hugging people i do like.

• Oh, I see what you mean. The air/cheek kissing thing is kind of strange.

Although actually kissing someone on either cheek as a greeting doesn't feel that intimate. A hug seems a lot more intimate than a cheek kiss.

• @Will said: I actually recently got contacts for the first time since I was 15. It's a bit of a change, but so far I like them. Surprisingly, people don't seem terribly taken aback by my glassless face.

Oh, is that why you're not wearing glasses in the future vision trailer? I didn't recognise you at first, but then when you put the balaclava down I thought that was why you had them off. Interesting.

Damn it! You got out of kissing me!
    And I had found such a convincing excuse (for science!). I'm disappointed now.

@Will said: The alternative is pretending cheek kisses and moving the head from one side of the head to the other for a few times. Weird and just not my thing. I prefer giving the hand or hugging people i do like.

Actually the French way is like that, but when you like someone, or if they're family, you kiss them for real. I personally don't find that any weirder than shaking hands.
    And I like it better than hugging complete strangers (although hugging friends is nice).

Incidentally, during Ramadan, muslim guys shake your hand instead of kissing you (well if you're female). I'm guessing female muslims might also shake hands with non-muslim males? Never really wondered about that since that wouldn't have affected me, so I can't say I've noticed.
    Men tend to shake ends with one another but there again it depends, in some companies or social groups men kiss too.

• @Jenny
    Maybe it depends on how you hug and kiss but still i find kisses more intimate.

@Avistew
    I know as i know some french woman from the studies at university but still to me kisses means something different, science kisses excluded. :O)

@Cadavre
    But you're crazy finish, right?

• @taumel said: @Jenny
    Maybe it depends on how you hug and kiss but still i find kisses more intimate.

@Avistew
    I know as i know some french woman from the studies at university but still to me kisses means something different, science kisses excluded. :O)

@Cadavre
    But you're crazy finish, right?

Nope, still swedish. Last time I checked atleast.

• @Cadavre said: Nope, still swedish. Last time I checked atleast.

As you see there is a possible error source!

Add Comment