User Avatar Image

302 - At the end (obviously spoilers)

posted by Dangeresque on - last edited - Viewed by 370 users

What happened at the end? why were they killed? Shouldn't they have turned into cows? Something to be found out in the next chapter right seeing that they also stole Max's brain? Or a writing error? (doubt it)

Either way i hated the ending! Which is to say i loved it but i hate the wait now! i won't play episode 3 until 4 and 5 are out! 99.2453% that that wont happen and i'll be stuck in this rant again next month.

By the way, GREATEST EPISODE TELLTALE HAVE RELEASED FROM ANY GAME SO FAR! Purely opinion obviously

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maximus is all short therm memory max is a chip of the old bloke

  • @SmokinDan said: Wait, so how did Sam & Max survive until the present if their ancestors are dead?

    Guess it'll be answered in one of the upcoming eps.

    I don't see any need for them to be their direct descendants. Samus and Maximus could just be their great uncles or something.

    Otherwise Samus and Maximus might get revived/returned somehow. I've noticed Telltale rarely let the fact that a character has died stop them from showing up again ^_^;;

  • Wow. Just wow.
    This episode was amazing.
    I have accidentally gotten Sammus and Maximus killed several times, and each time was more painful than the last time.
    Also loved Maximus's outfit, and Sammus's mustache. I actually do hope they return. I loved those two.

    So Sammus and Maximus had kids. Am I the only one wondering who they had kids with?

  • 302 was fun to play, but the puzzles were not at the level that they have been in past games. This was the first time I played all the way through without having to stop and look at hints on telltale website. Usually games take me around 5-6 hours (longer sometimes if I get stuck often), but 302 only took me four hours without looking up any hints. I doubt I am getting any smarter, so I am guessing the games are being dumbed down a little. I don't feel any better about it; I felt like I was reading a "choose your own adventure" book from the late 1980s where you could just start over and the right choices were pretty much given to you.

    I had to turn off the hint option as well; they might as well tell you exactly how to walkthrough the videogame completely. If I wanted this, I would have bought a cartoon

  • @AFGNCAAP said: 302 was fun to play, but the puzzles were not at the level that they have been in past games. This was the first time I played all the way through without having to stop and look at hints on telltale website. Usually games take me around 5-6 hours (longer sometimes if I get stuck often), but 302 only took me four hours without looking up any hints. I doubt I am getting any smarter, so I am guessing the games are being dumbed down a little. I don't feel any better about it; I felt like I was reading a "choose your own adventure" book from the late 1980s where you could just start over and the right choices were pretty much given to you.

    I had to turn off the hint option as well; they might as well tell you exactly how to walkthrough the videogame completely. If I wanted this, I would have bought a cartoon


    I pretty much thought the opposite. I found the puzzles to be pretty good, at least compared to those in the Penal Zone, which (thanks to Future Vision) never even felt like puzzles. Nothing had me scratching my head in this episode, but I think the puzzles were just easy enough to figure out without a walkthrough, and just hard enough to give a sense of accomplishment for completing them.
    And as for the hints, I wouldn't really know, since I always turn them off before I even start the game.

    Eh, to each his own, I suppose.

  • Yeah, definitely a step up from 301.
    But still, like ToMI, easier than seasons 1 and 2.

  • @Hassat Hunter said: Yeah, definitely a step up from 301.
    But still, like ToMI, easier than seasons 1 and 2.


    Really? I found Season 1 to be ridiculously easy. I only needed a walkthrough once for that whole season, and that was for the lunar lander puzzle in 106. Season 2 was about the same level as Tales, SBCG4AP, and this episode for me, though.

  • @Chris1 said: I don't see any need for them to be their direct descendants. Samus and Maximus could just be their great uncles or something.

    Except that they're referred to as Sam and Max's "great grandparents" both in-game and by Telltale. Which isn't to say there isn't any wiggle room, but Sameth and Maximus are definitely their grandpappies, one way or another.

    @Chris1 said: So Sammus and Maximus had kids. Am I the only one wondering who they had kids with?

    For no reason other than that it amuses me, I like to think they were roped into a celebratory trip to Cairo for a night of falsely-advertised debauchery prior to "The Journey Home" reel. One thing led to another, and, well ... (Hey, I never said it was original. :p I think I just like the idea of Sameth and Maximus unintentionally sneaking in some progeny "under the wire," so to speak.)

  • No-one. Their kids were made with their spit ;).

  • Please, I do not want to think of them procreating.
    Especially Max.

Add Comment