User Avatar Image

Why does season 3 cost less on Steam?

posted by Bahamut Dragons on - last edited - Viewed by 194 users

I bought Sam and Max Season 3 not too long ago (obviously, it just came out), and now I discover that instead of paying like 40$ for that, I could have paid 30$ for Season 3 and the whole Monkey Island series Telltales did. I feel ripped off and am honestly offended.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4327/

Ridiculous. Never buying again from Telltale. They can't even offer the best prices on their own games!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gotta love Steam and their crazy deals.

Although, if they could lower the price of the Monkey Island collection by itself, I'd be quite happy :p

• @Talaron said: And now I will have to wait until Telltale Valve finds the release-button on Steam, while Telltale-customers are already downloading/playing.

Fixed that for you.

@Talaron said: //EDIT: And I'm not sure if I should preorder the Puzzle Agent game. Maybe, you'll get a 100€-coupon if you buy the game tomorrow. :(

You realize that you get a 50% discount on anything else you buy with Puzzle Agent right now? I'm not sure how a better deal could come along later.

• @Wapcaplet said: Fixed that for you.

Nobody knows how Steam works behind the scenes. Why shouldn't Telltale be the ones who release the game after uploading it to Steam?

@Wapcaplet said: You realize that you get a 50% discount on anything else you buy with Puzzle Agent right now? I'm not sure how a better deal could come along later.

I got Episode 203 for free when I preordered Season 3 on Steam. Now, there is a much better discount. Why might there not be the same this time. There might be a Telltale-week on Steam where everyday, another game is 66% off or something like that.

• @Talaron said: Nobody knows how Steam works behind the scenes.

Yes we do:

@Talaron said: Steam releases games as soon as they can based on when we get them a build. We had some tweaks we were working on this morning, so Steam got the builds a bit later than usual. The Steam versions are currently going through the approval process and then they should theoretically be good to go. That said, anything can happen but we will try to keep you up to date. Sorry for the delay!

@Talaron said: I got Episode 203 for free when I preordered Season 3 on Steam. Now, there is a much better discount. Why might there not be the same this time. There might be a Telltale-week on Steam where everyday, another game is 66% off or something like that.

Jake already answered this earlier in the thread -- sometimes things go on sale. There could always be a better offer at some point in the future. At some point you make a decision whether you want to buy now or hold off for a better deal. It's your choice.

• @Wapcaplet said: Yes we do:

So it is finally Telltales fault the game is late :p

@Wapcaplet said: Jake already answered this earlier in the thread -- sometimes things go on sale. There could always be a better offer at some point in the future. At some point you make a decision whether you want to buy now or hold off for a better deal. It's your choice.

Thats clear to me it's just that usually there isn't SUCH an offer so close to the game's release. If the package would at least cost 1€ more than I payed for the Sam & Max season I'd feel much better. Yes, I know, there wouldn't be any advantage for me but it's like you have the choice if everyone gets 100€ or all others gets 500€ and you just 150€. Most people would prefer the first choice.

• You get what you pay for; an inferior version.

If that's perfectly fine for you, yeah, get it on Steam...

• @Wapcaplet said: Preorder bonuses: the free episode, access to the preorder forum, and entry into the contest for the Penal Zone poster.

and also tf2 hats, now that you mention.

When buying now you'll get: "Puzzle Agent, $7.5 discount"

Plus you get to play all the episodes as soon as they are released

This is not a plus, maybe except the first episode. You'll get the other 4 right on time.

I mean, if I'd known this was coming, I'd prefer the Puzzle Agent one. I could wait 3 more weeks to play the first episode.
    ------
    Edit: Also, I loved the game. I don't have any regrets paying 35$. Don't misunderstand me :)

• @Hassat Hunter said: You get what you pay for; an inferior version.

If that's perfectly fine for you, yeah, get it on Steam...

That's what sucks for me. I paid for the full version... and I still end up with a later release than normal PC. Buyer beware on Steam :mad:

• @PISLIX said: I could wait 3 more weeks to play the first episode.

As you can see from some of the other posts today, not everyone wants to wait that long... :D

• Meanwhile, the old offer was removed. Now, you can buy Season 2, 3 and Monkey Island for 45,99€ - An even better deal for people new to telltale games but it's more than the single season price. So, I'm happy with that. (60€ for All S&M games + Monkey island next wednesday i guess)

Add Comment