User Avatar Image

The Joystick icon has to go

posted by Zodler on - last edited - Viewed by 310 users

Ok, I'm playing 301 and enjoying it and I can easily get used to click and drag but my God the joystick icon has to go. It's ugly and it's distracting and diminishes the scene and the graphics.

I am wondering who thought that it is necessary to see that thing? How come we don't see it using WASD? It's like a punishment for people who use click and drag. It has to go or at least give us an option to turn it off.

In absolutely no way it helps me in any way.

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is this thread about getting rid of the joystick icon or getting rid of the new click and drag format?

I actually like the new click and drag system. I used to prefer point and click , but this improvement to click and drag has really changed my mind. It's a lot better. If this is about the icon being a joystick though, then who really cares? I think the joystick icon is necessary to communicate function and show feedback to the player so they know which direction they're telling the character to go.

• Is this thread about getting rid of the joystick icon or getting rid of the new click and drag format?

It's clear. It's about getting rid of the icon. For any other discussions or merits of click and drag please use another thread.

• Just gonna throw in my 2 cents and say I actually liked the thumbstick Icon. It made it a LOT easier for me to figure out what direction Sam was walking, and was much more intuitive than the wheel in ToMI for example.

Also I thought it was supposed to be an analog stick from a ps3 controller but that's just me.

• @Zodler said: It's clear. It's about getting rid of the icon. For any other discussions or merits of click and drag please use another thread.

Really? This is a discussion about the joystick icon? Seems pretty insignificant to me, but to each his own I guess...

• @Hassat Hunter said: I think he wants to shoot up stuff, FPS style.

They did do it for Strong Bad...to a certain extent.

• I think the thumbstick has a very obvious purpose. Admittedly I'm not a massive fan of click and drag but it's definitely an improvement over the implementation in ToMI.

• For me, it looked like if a had a sticker on my screen. It was kind of distracting.
    But anyway i use wasd, so i dont mind.

For wasd, im still waiting for character-perspective controls.

• I started Episode 302 and I was disappointed to see that the joystick icon is still there with no possibility to remove it (let alone for a brightness control, f that!)

Telltale do you listen? Please explain to me why people who use WASD don't see it and people that use click and drag, have to see it?

You invented and FORCED us to use click and drag and now that we use it, you give inconvenience if we use it?

Telltale please explain to me why you don't give us the option to remove it, which is a very simple and logical task. :mad:

• @Zodler said: Telltale please explain to me why you don't give us the option to remove it, which is a very simple and logical task. :mad:

I doubt you DESERVE an explanation... chill!

• @The Highway said: i WASD myself everywhere if im in bed, but at my desk i use the joystick and it annoys me.

Sounds like a personal problem, Sam!

Seriously, this is the kind offhanded remark I would like to see in one of the next episodes!

Add Comment