User Avatar Image

What is your favourite Musical Number?

posted by Hatley on - last edited - Viewed by 220 users

Personally, I like The War Song, Good For You (Good For Me), I just can't get that out of my head.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Falanca said: in b4 "The Toybox Song".

...I was going to say that. ;_;

Fine, fine, fine. Good for You (Good for Me) is almost as good as The Toybox Song.

• Nothing beats the supreme audiological gravy that is World of Max.

Though I might hesitate to really call it a musical number.

• I hate World of Max.
    I know most people really like it, but I don't. Most of it is too slow and makes me want to fast forward it, and the rest is too fast and makes me want to slow it down. As a result I don't understand any of the lyrics (I forget the beginning of the slow ones before it reaches the end, and the fast one are just too fast to get).

Plus I don't like the way Jared's voice sounds in it. At all.
    It's my least favourite song of all the Sam&Max ones.

• I looove World of Max.
    I chose it, and Good For You.

• If World of Max stayed in the loungey style that it starts off with, then I would love it much more. The Mariachi song takes the prize for me, though, since it's one of my favorite things to pull out of context. The Toy Box Song gets an honorable mention, though.

• @Avistew said: I hate World of Max.
    I know most people really like it, but I don't. Most of it is too slow and makes me want to fast forward it, and the rest is too fast and makes me want to slow it down. As a result I don't understand any of the lyrics (I forget the beginning of the slow ones before it reaches the end, and the fast one are just too fast to get).

Do you think it may be partially a language thing for you? Do you think you might enjoy it more if you had a transcription of the lyrics in front of you as you listened to it?

• @Rather Dashing said: Do you think it may be partially a language thing for you? Do you think you might enjoy it more if you had a transcription of the lyrics in front of you as you listened to it?

I found a transcription, but it was pretty much the same thing, that is, too long to wait for him to say the slow parts while I was reading them, too fast to follow with the transcript in the fast parts.

I think I'd probably be okay if it was all done fast, though, it's really the slow bits I don't like.

• @Avistew said: I hate World of Max.

I see you are from Stuttgart and you cut the cucumber lengthwise.

I adore this song. The lyrics, the style, the 2 different tempos, the voice of Jared... everything is just perfect.

• @der_ketzer said: I see you are from Stuttgart and you cut the cucumber lengthwise.

:eek: I've been found out!

Add Comment