User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 188.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A new thought: Pop-Tarts are not a breathable substance.

• @GuruGuru214 said: A new thought: Pop-Tarts are not a breathable substance.

I really don't think that thought should be new. What on Earth led you to believe they were?

• Okay, it's not new in general, but it's something I certainly wasn't thinking about five minutes ago before I started choking on one.

• This talk of poptarts is making me hungry, so I'm going to get a mini pizza.

Another thought, not new either: I really think we'd benefit from having a chatroom somewhere. I mean in a way a lot of things would be lost while what we say right now can be read in a while. On the other hand, having a discussion on a forum isn't ideal. There is a lot of everyday stuff we end up not sharing I'm sure. We'd get to know each other better in a chatroom.

• ^ Agreed. A chat would be great.

• So this section of Ocarina of Time always goes like this for me: Beat the Water Temple > Get the Fire Arrows > Go to Kakariko for the Nocturne of Shadow. Since you have to get the Fire Arrows as the sun rises over Lake Hylia, it's always day when I see the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene. Well, this time I did something differently.

It's so much better at night.

• @Avistew said: Another thought, not new either: I really think we'd benefit from having a chatroom somewhere. I mean in a way a lot of things would be lost while what we say right now can be read in a while. On the other hand, having a discussion on a forum isn't ideal. There is a lot of everyday stuff we end up not sharing I'm sure. We'd get to know each other better in a chatroom.

@Avistew said: ^ Agreed. A chat would be great.

IRC is nice for that, we could try it out. Another forum I frequent has an unofficial IRC channel too, it really adds to the community.

I've set one up on CentralChat, to try it out. The channel is #telltale.
    If you don't have any experience with IRC and/or don't have an IRC client, you can click here for a web-based IRC client. Just enter a nickname (your forum nickname, preferably), and '#telltale' in the 'Channels' field, without the quotes.

This should be fun :)

• I've been thinking about all the people who post freaking essays to this forum. I mean, how do they do it? As hard as I ever try, I can only ever accomplish a couple of lines! I mean, I reckon you could just say random stuff in the middle of one of those posts and as long as the beginning and end made sense half the people wouldn't even notice. Hell, you could just say "anyone who agrees with this is a complete moron" and if you had an extremely believable or convincing opening statement, people would just agree with you, and then you can laugh at them and just wait until they realise their mistake. Also, right now my brother's kicking a football around the house, but that has nothing to do with this post, but no doubt hardly anyone will read this far, further backing up the point I made that no one will read, further backing up that point, etc. Actually, now that's got me thinking about paradoxes. Let's see, Wikipedia defines a paradox as "a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition." That's interesting. I think paradoxes need to be integrated into society much more than they are now, as I think right now they are a minority that has to compete with the likes of oxymorons, fourth wall breakages, and a picture of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV... Or would that be defined as a paradox? Anyone who agrees or quotes this post is an utter moron, by the way. So, that's it, there are my thoughts about people who post "essays" on this forum. I hope you enjoyed it, even though you probably didn't read the whole thing. I seriously hope someone agrees or quotes this so they look like an idiot, and i think i will leave you now with a little poem: essay, essay, on the forum, your shining light keeps me a war-um (warm, but it had to rhyme) by this way, I hope people don't think of this as spamming the thread with a massive post just for the hell of tit, I’ve actually had this entire thing on my mind for a few days now, and I’ve finally found a spot to express it, albeit in a very round-a-bout and nonsensical way. I wish I could fix up all the capital letters that I didn't make capital though. But you don't care, because you didn't read this, did you? Right? Right. And anyway, I did fix it, but no one will notice anyway! So, now I guess I’ll just say something to make this look completely legit to anyone (everyone) who skips from start to end. And that's why I’ve been thinking of essays on the forums, i mean, how do these people have the time to post these? With all the hustle and bustle in today's world, you'd think posts would just get shorter and shorter... Do you agree? Share your thoughts and maybe quote this, just to show everyone exactly how you feel.

• Every once in a while when I'm on facebook I remember I made this thing. I think it's funny, and apparently so do about 4 other people

• @Avistew said: Although my idea was fairly limited (but I like powers that have specific restrictions, they seem more interesting to me), in that the front door could be opened as any door that I actually knew was there.
    Doesn't mean I necessarily needed to have been there, I could also check google maps or something I guess.

[...]

Opening absolutely any door, and not necessarily the same one I came through, could lead back into my apartment if I wanted to. Had to figure it out while opening the door, though.

Soooo ... what's on my mind right now is 'The Lost Room'.

This discussion has been closed.