274 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So let's see what we know... Sometime between when the 4th reel began and the entire movie ended, Max was savagely attacked and brain-napped. His skull was ripped open in a zig-zag fashion, and he was left standing up, the top of his oddly-shaped skull dangling off the back of his fluffy white head. The culprit couldn't have gotten very far, though, even with Max's limited teleportation, so the culprit will be somewhere in the city. In the first episode, it was revealed that not only could Max see the future, but Sam could, too. Could this possibly mean that Sam has psychic abilities, too? (Don't forget, In Episode 2, Sameth could fit in the Can 'O Nuts with Maximus.) From hints dropped through concept art and prior knowledge,we have found out that the main villain of Episode 3 will likely be a giant cockroach named Sal, who works as a chef at the diner, and may or may not be in cahoots with the Stinkys, and is the most likely candidate to have performed such a daring feat. Judging from a Mysterious note signed by a mister "S," Sal could also be in love with Girl Stinky.

These are some of my ideas. Anything I'm missing?

• One cookie on the Narrator having stolen Max's brain. Just look at his last scene before it gets stolen, and his scene immediately after.

If he did do it, however, we probably won't discover until TCTDNS (TSMB only ending with Max getting his brain back), as the only way the Narrator would work as an antagonist is if he is the Final Villain.

• @StrongBrush1 said: So let's see what we know... Sometime between when the 4th reel began and the entire movie ended, Max was savagely attacked and brain-napped. His skull was ripped open in a zig-zag fashion, and he was left standing up, the top of his oddly-shaped skull dangling off the back of his fluffy white head. The culprit couldn't have gotten very far, though, even with Max's limited teleportation, so the culprit will be somewhere in the city. In the first episode, it was revealed that not only could Max see the future, but Sam could, too. Could this possibly mean that Sam has psychic abilities, too? (Don't forget, In Episode 2, Sameth could fit in the Can 'O Nuts with Maximus.) From hints dropped through concept art and prior knowledge,we have found out that the main villain of Episode 3 will likely be a giant cockroach named Sal, who works as a chef at the diner, and may or may not be in cahoots with the Stinkys, and is the most likely candidate to have performed such a daring feat. Judging from a Mysterious note signed by a mister "S," Sal could also be in love with Girl Stinky.

These are some of my ideas. Anything I'm missing?

My thoughts:

Sam having "The Gift" isn't likely, he probably has that weird thing where
    people get quick glimpses of the future, preminision isn't it called? (Without the bad spelling) and Future Vision triggers it. I think, that Sam & Max and their ancestors, have been sharing their psychic
    gifts for hundreds of years; so it's possible that Max's Gift won't work without Sam.

I think it is Sal, if it was Skun-ka'pe then Stinky wouldn't answer the phone. Stinky & Sal are the villians of 303, which is kinda cool but I want the return of Papierwaite early.

• I am looking forward to Sal as the main villain in 303. Papierwaite wasn't physically attractive enough for a good sam and max villain.

• @doodinthemood said: I am looking forward to Sal as the main villain in 303. Papierwaite wasn't physically attractive enough for a good sam and max villain.

But he had a small beard, and a fez! He was cool looking, he was the perfect villian!

• I also don't think Sam has the gift. He never showed any reaction when touching a toy. And he never actively uses a power, Max just "let's him take part".

@pluizig said: One cookie on the Narrator having stolen Max's brain. Just look at his last scene before it gets stolen, and his scene immediately after.

The scene gave me the exact same feeling. And I had him in mind as the main villain from the very start. Though Yog Soggoth might be an option for the main villain now, too. Or Paiperwaite? Or all three of them? @_@

Anyhow, I can't imagine it taking more than one episode to find Max's brain. The series is called Sam and MAX, after all. You just can't take the Max out of the game.
    Actually I'm even wondering about the third episode. I can't imagine Sam running around alone the whole time. Maybe...
    maybe...
    maybe Sam temporarely insert's the brain from Skunk'ape's spaceship into Max's body in order to have a companion that can use the powers?!?
    That would result in a ... uhm ... very "out-of-character" version of Max... XD

• Exceeept Gordon is dead, so far as we know.

• Hm, I don't remember the details of the death, can we really be 100% sure?
    But well, it's more like a trash theory, anyway. Just a possible way to avoid Sam being alone and without psychic powers. But not a thing I'm sure of.

• What I'd like to know is what toys will be used in the next game? Some new ones were introduced in the final showdown with Paperwaite, and I'm wonder which ones do which. I'm also betting 303 will feature the return of Rhinoplasty and the Playing Cards; they can't just be made for the first scene of The Penal Zone, that would be too much of a tease! (Besides, Mind Reading was funny! Everyone had such hilarious thoughts!)

• Sal was wearing a security guard's uniform so I think his current job will connect to the last episode and a billboard in 301, a guard in the Museum of Mostly Natural History.

As for the Stinky's I don't think Grandpa knows anything, Girl Stinky right now for me is 50/50

Add Comment