274 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm kinda hoping that we'll still be able to switch between Sam and Max throughout the game.

It's just that the Max scenes would be from the perspective of his disembodied brain. Possibly inside of a vat of greenish fluid. Or maybe hooked up to a computer somewhere. Or, terror of all terrors, purely inside his own mind.

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: What I'd like to know is what toys will be used in the next game? Some new ones were introduced in the final showdown with Paperwaite, and I'm wonder which ones do which. I'm also betting 303 will feature the return of Rhinoplasty and the Playing Cards; they can't just be made for the first scene of The Penal Zone, that would be too much of a tease! (Besides, Mind Reading was funny! Everyone had such hilarious thoughts!)

Skunka'pe was sucked into the Office Penal Zone while holding them, so I doubt it.

• Sam could also join up with Max almost instantly again by finding a few walnuts. As these walnuts kind of look like brains, they somehow also work like them, after some little puzzle tech vooodoo has been involved. Now each walnut has it's own personality and so special limited abilities - afterall it's just a walnut -, you need to swap ( after you obtained them) them in order to solve certain situations. Maybe this goes a little bit astray but eating walnuts just reminds me of brains.

• Lemme use my Miles Edgeworth Logic Ability.

Hmm... Max's brain was stolen in the end of episode 2...
    The title of episode 3 is "They stole Max's Brain...

I speculate... that Max's brain was stolen, and that Sam has to find it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Many thoughts here... just to fuel the discussion.

It's "THEY stole Max' brain", not "Someone stole Max' brain". It's likely that there is more than one villain in episode 3. Still, I don't think Stinky and Sal did it. They probably do not have that role in the scheme of things. I'd rather assume they are the modern, perverted Romeo and Juliet side story arc, who will serve as likely suspects in the following game. Also, I assume we meet Sal hiding in the sewers; that's the only place we've had a glimpse of him in the season trailer.

Skunkape probably took Max' brain. While other, new villains might wonder where the hell Sam&Max are at the time, Skunkape knows. "But he's trapped in the Penal Zone" doesn't count. He escaped once without anybody knowing how, he will have escaped another time. It's like the cannibals trying to imprison Guybrush again: He obviously has a secret escape route.

@Hungryfreak said: I can't say much, but I'm pretty sure we'll get to revisit Skun-ka'pe's ship.

That would of course be the most logical step if this villain returns. As for the Season's main villain, I presume that Yog Soggoth will make an appearance. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Yog and Satan are one and the same person. It's the DEVIL's toybox. He'd want it back, don't you think?

@Hungryfreak said: Skunka'pe was sucked into the Office Penal Zone while holding them, so I doubt it.

If Skunkape returns, he will bring his toys back into the game. I really wonder how many "new" toys we will still get to see. The design plan is hopefully that we get introduced to the powers one by one, doing rather basic things with them, then going for the really wild and complex combinations in episodes 4 and 5.

/update: I watched the first trailer again. In the silhouettes of the probable "villains" at 1:42 minutes, Sal is definitly visible. However, so are the Molemen... and Skunkape is front and center. ;)

• Since Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite has been in the icons of its Episode, we have no reason to not think Sal is going to be the main villian of this episode. How probably is, no idea.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@GinnyN said: Since Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite has been in the icons of its Episode, we have no reason to not think Sal is going to be the main villian of this episode. How probably is, no idea.

The episode icon equals villain equation is undoubtedly a strong argument for this season! Looking back at the previous season icons, I still do not consider this set in stone. For season one, four of six icons presented the episode's villain. In season two, it's arguably three out of five. Santa and Satan were only considered villains first, but turned out to be quite agreable pals (more or less). The very same thing could be true for Sal...

...and, honestly, I think Girl Stinky likes the good guys. It's her tragic flaw. ;)

• Especially because the Icon from Episode 4 has Sam with a dumb face ^^!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@GinnyN said: Especially because the Icon from Episode 4 has Sam with a dumb face ^^!

No, we'll be up against Sam clones then, so Sam WILL be the main villain(s). Or something like that... I fear this episode, to be honest... ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: No, we'll be up against Sam clones then, so Sam WILL be the main villain(s). Or something like that... I fear this episode, to be honest... ;)

And that's WHY I wanna play that episode!

Add Comment