User Avatar Image

What is your favourite Musical Number?

posted by Hatley on - last edited - Viewed by 474 users

Personally, I like The War Song, Good For You (Good For Me), I just can't get that out of my head.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I love World of Max, and The War Song.

Season 2 was a dud there were no good songs, it needed more umph and less "recycle the old locations". But I did
    like the Mariachi Song. That's it.

• @splash1 said: Season 2 was a dud there were no good songs, it needed more umph and less "recycle the old locations". But I did like the Mariachi Song. That's it.

Seriously? "El Molcajete De Almas," "Fugue And Dies Irae," "Twilight Eternal," and "Jurgen's Lair Suite" and none of those tickled your fancy? Only low point I found was maybe 202.

• @Avel said: Seriously? "El Molcajete De Almas," "Fugue And Dies Irae," "Twilight Eternal," and "Jurgen's Lair Suite" and none of those tickled your fancy? Only low point I found was maybe 202.

Erm, if I'm not mistaken, none of these are songs. I mean, it's not a song if there is no singing, it's just a tune/music.

I did miss songs in Season 2, it seemed pretty much each episode in Season 1 had one, and in Season 2 there was what, the demon song and the mariachi song?

• @Avistew said: Erm, if I'm not mistaken, none of these are songs. I mean, it's not a song if there is no singing, it's just a tune/music.

Right and still Rapa Nui is on this list.

@Avistew said: I did miss songs in Season 2, it seemed pretty much each episode in Season 1 had one, and in Season 2 there was what, the demon song and the mariachi song?

Every episode in Season one had at least one.

101: More Than Jerks
    102: Midtown Cowboys & Sam's Song
    103: Just You And Me (and Ted E. Bear)
    104 Good For You (Good For ME)
    105: Useful To Boot
    106: World Of Max

And yes I also missed those in Season 2. But Season 2 had the better background music.
    Arctic Hush, Unholy Workshop, Woo!, New Location Unlocked (Midtown Remix), Silent Shootout, Radical!, La Oficina del Futuro, Fugue and Dies Iræ, Grotesque Burlesque...

• @der_ketzer said: Right and still Rapa Nui is on this list.

Yes, but the poll didn't mention "songs" but "musical numbers". I was just pointing out that the music Avel listed as "songs" wasn't.

@der_ketzer said: And yes I also missed those in Season 2. But Season 2 had the better background music.
    Arctic Hush, Unholy Workshop, Woo!, New Location Unlocked (Midtown Remix), Silent Shootout, Radical!, La Oficina del Futuro, Fugue and Dies Iræ, Grotesque Burlesque...

That's possible, but these are just names to me and I can't really think of the tune when I read the name. And I'm not sure I'd recognise it either. With background music, honestly I don't even realise it's there. Which I guess is the point anyway.

• @Avistew said: Erm, if I'm not mistaken, none of these are songs. I mean, it's not a song if there is no singing, it's just a tune/music.

The 'less recycle the old locations' line led me to believe that it was more about the music period since the recycling was with the Street and Office themes. Unless the jukebox in season 2 somehow makes it so...

Also:
    El Molcajete De Almas: the background music in the soul sucking room in 204.
    Fugue And Dies Irae: the background music in Sam and Max's soul storage room in 205.
    Twilight Eternal: the soul train theme from 205.
    Jurgen's Lair Suite; everything that plays in Jurgen's room in 203.

• Thanks :) I ordered the Season 1 + 2 soundtracks with my ToMI DVD so I'll have the opportunity to listen to them with more attention.

• i don't think there was barely any reused music in episode 302, based on my results on the music extractor! that's good, because after the 80 track or so galore of the season 1 soundtrack, i was really disappointed by season 2's, not because of the music, but the fact that there wasn't as much of it!

• @The Highway said: but the fact that there wasn't as much of it!

There is much but they are noticeably longer.

@Avistew: Good choice on the soundtracks. They are both amazing.

• Considering the overall presentation and style, nothing can beat "Good For You". In fact after playing 104 for free over steam, the war song was one main reason for me to buy the whole season.

But if I just consider the "mind-stickiness" I would definitely vote for "Just You And Me".

Add Comment