274 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @queen_of_the_lobsters said: If Sam and Max could steal their recording contract from their past selves without the time stream falling apart, I'm pretty sure they could get the Toys of Power back from The Penal Zone. It's not like they attached a bomb to Skunka'pe's back before he got sucked in.



    In you look closely during the end of 301 you'll that the toys get stuck at the left side of the portal, could explain why in the scene afterward Skun'ka-Pe wasn't holding onto them.

  • The skeletons of Sameth and Maximus did it! They are hundred-year-old liches who need the brain to let Papierwaite out of the box.

  • @light_rises said: Still, there's something fishy about Sam when it comes to this. He can see Max's Future Visions "somehow" after all, although that could be because Max wants him to. I think we have as likely as not a chance of getting further elaboration on this enigma.



    It seems that the powers can be "shared". Similarly, Skun'ka-pe doesn't seem to be able to use the toys himself, but when Gordon is regenerated, he can see future vision (presumably because Gordon used it and shared with him).
    Now that Gordon is re-dead, I guess a new brain was needed, although I wonder who took it if Skun'ka-pe is still in the Penal Zone. Could be his crew though, or he managed to escape or something.

  • I stake my bet that it's Sal. I played Episode 1 again, and it struck me easily to find out that Stinky's letter was not from Skun'k-ape but another inhuman monster. "S" mentions "phase 2", what could this all be? It's big and it must have something to do with The Devil's Toybox.

    Another thing that sets off that Sal is the villian is that the title cards have a say in this.

    Who was the villian in Episode 1?
    episode1.png

    Who was the villian in Episode 2?
    episode2.png

    And who do you think is coming in Episode 3?
    episode3.png

    Maybe Telltale shouldn't have put the Episodes "villians" in the title cards this time.

  • @Avistew said: It seems that the powers can be "shared". Similarly, Skun'ka-pe doesn't seem to be able to use the toys himself, but when Gordon is regenerated, he can see future vision (presumably because Gordon used it and shared with him).
    Now that Gordon is re-dead, I guess a new brain was needed, although I wonder who took it if Skun'ka-pe is still in the Penal Zone. Could be his crew though, or he managed to escape or something.



    That seems to be the most likely explanation. I still have my suspicions, but unless we're missing something, everything you've said is consistent with how the powers have also worked between Sam and Max so far.

    Your next point reminds me ... if Gordon was revived once, what would prevent Sam from going back to the ship and -- provided the right equipment -- doing it again? Unless Gordon was only "mostly dead" the first time, but killed off for good the second.

  • @light_rises said: Your next point reminds me ... if Gordon was revived once, what would prevent Sam from going back to the ship and -- provided the right equipment -- doing it again? Unless Gordon was only "mostly dead" the first time, but killed off for good the second.



    The first time he might have died due to the absence of fluid. The second time though it seems that the demon broth was actually hurting him, if I recall.

  • @Avistew said: The first time he might have died due to the absence of fluid. The second time though it seems that the demon broth was actually hurting him, if I recall.



    Good point. And yeah, something seemed to be wrong with the demon broth, and having to expend all that psychic energy on Skun-ka'pe's behalf wasn't helping matters, either. I think there's still some wiggle room to work with here, though.

  • @Avistew said: The first time he might have died due to the absence of fluid. The second time though it seems that the demon broth was actually hurting him, if I recall.



    Could always take the train to Hell since Gordon's been tainted by the demon broth. On another note, I really want to see the huge-headed platypus.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @splash1 said: Another thing that sets off that Sal is the villian is that the title cards have a say in this.

    [...]

    Maybe Telltale shouldn't have put the Episodes "villians" in the title cards this time.



    Read the entire thread. There's a surprise for you in there. ;)

  • The way I see it is that in The Penal Zone, the teleportation power worked on anyone Max was touching, so I don't see any reason that this can't extend to the other Toys of Power. Maybe not ones like Psychic Ventriloquism or the Rhinoplasty, but it's certainly possible with the perception-based ones like Future Vision, Mind Reading, and Astral Projection, or with the movement-based ones like the Can of Nuts. No, I think Sam's only power is the power of his friendship with Max.

    And now I'm going to have to hurt myself for making that awful joke.

Add Comment