User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Design Team

posted by Chuck on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

Hello, honorary Freelance Police! Thanks for pre-ordering the game.

I'm Chuck Jordan, designer and writer of "The Penal Zone", the first episode of "The Devil's Playhouse." I'm also the guy responsible for making sure all the season's stories fit together in some semblance of order.

This thread is for your questions about the new season, as well as "Beyond Time and Space" and "Save the World," and general Sam & Max design-type stuff. I'll be starting out, and as we go on I'll try to rope in the other designers: Mike Stemmle, Andy Hartzell, Joe Pinney, and Dave Grossman.

I'll be answering your questions whenever I've got the time & know-how, with a super-bonus semi-live Q&A today (Monday Mar 15) from 2-3 PM.

So ask away!

479 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: It's a variation on the "Martian Popping Thing" (I had to google "stress squeeze toy" to find it). It's like a stress ball, you squeeze it and its face pops out.

Aaand it squeaks - right? :)

• Now i wonder which planets version where holding in our hands.

• Hey there Telltale. I'd like to start off by saying great job on 'The Penal Zone', it's one of your best episodes yet and I can't wait for the next one. Anyway on to the questions.
    There's something I've wanted to ask about the Future Vision toy ever since I started to play the game. How easy or difficult was it to decide which 'visions' to use on certain characters and objects particularly those that did not affect that particular episode? Or did you guys have the entire season planned out ahead of time which made things easier.
    Also, to the sound guys, were the voice actors confused about reading lines that did not make much sense in their current context, or are they just used to it since Sam & Max is always weird even when taken into context. :p
    Keep up the great work. :cool:

• QUick question... with all the issues with the Mac port slowing down and crashing, are there any plans to fix these things?

• @Jumpmaz said: QUick question... with all the issues with the Mac port slowing down and crashing, are there any plans to fix these things?

They've been looking into it since the first crashdumps have been posted.

• why does my analog controller show up when playing the pc version and using max's powers... cant you disable that or change it for pc at least to something like a rat vs a mouse

also why does it get stuck there and stay until a cutscene..

sorry this thread is huge if that was covered..

why ipad vs the competition? or is that also covered

• So, who won the posters? I doubt we have to wait the whole season for that, right? (Or do we?)

• Have you guys ever thought about introducing characters from the cartoon into the game such as sam's grandma or the geek?

will skunkape return in the future?

• Hey guys, just finished episode 2, and I gotta say... WOW. The locations were all SO amazing and varied. I really loved the atmosphere of the train and the tomb especially. The puzzles were the perfect difficulty. Just enough to get you stuck at times and then slap yourself on the head as you realize the answer.

You guys are genius and I wish you further great success.

Add Comment