User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 127.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pretty much, apart from the purring and bathing.

• Interesting. My cats only pant when they're scared or nauseated.

• My cat acts like she's possessed. At least once a day when I walk past her, she'll latch onto my arm or leg and try to tear it to peices. I think it's her way of communicating that she wants something. I guess the good thing about it is that I'm now very used to scratches and cuts. I still love her though. She's too cute not to love and forgive!

And incase anyones wondering, I never provoke her (at least as far as I'm aware), and I'll never hurt her in return (although if she's really going mad I'll put her in the garden so she can burn the energy chasing things).

• I love how cats can turn from cute to ferocious in about 0.03 seconds!

• @jeeno0142 said: She's too cute not to love and forgive!

That's their biggest weapon!
    It just sounds to me like she's just restless though. How long do you (or someone else) play with her daily? Maybe she needs to play more.
    You should probably teach her you're not a toy though, try holding her by the skin of the neck and blowing in her face, then putting her down and giving her a toy or something, maybe that would help.

Other than that, I don't think I can help you, sorry!

• We usually get tired out before the cat does. She can go on for hours and hours chasing a bit of string. That's why I'm so glad we have a nice big garden next to the woods. Lots of things to hunt.

It's being going on for four years now (the amount of time we've had her) and I'm so used to it that I no longer mind. We will spray her with water though if she claws the furniture. I heal, furniture doesn't.

• Ok then, sorry if I gave you unwanted advice :) She sounds like quite an active kitty! I have one of these but fortunately he has another cat to chase so he mostly leaves us alone :p

• my cat kills craploads of birds, about one a month.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I've made another discovery: not only is orange chicken not breathable, it is also very uncomfortable in your sinuses.

Oddly enough, this is not the first time I've managed to choke food into my sinuses. It's not even the second.

Bah - I get corns of rice stuck there all the time if I'm stupid enough to try taking a breath while I'm in the middle of swallowing them... :o

EDIT: Also, bread. I just though you-all should know. :p

• I'm not sure which was my favorite, iced tea or hamburger.

This discussion has been closed.