42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Now that would be something. I'm certain Telltale could do a better job with a CSI adventure game than Ubisoft. The Ubisoft ones just seem so dull and lifeless.

• I am sure I am in the minority here, but I can't stand CSI. I hope that isn't true - I don't think I would want an adventure game based on it no matter who made it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i dont know where telltale would get the money to buy that :-/

• [quote]i dont know where telltale would get the money to buy that :-/[/quote]

Once again, not that I endorse or like the idea of CSI as a Telltale game...

They get the money the same place they got the money for the Bone license - expected eventual profits. Speaking of which - i wonder who telltale's investors for Bone are? The investors page just says: "Telltale is a privately owned game developer completely funded by private investment." I guess they don't have to tell anyone, and who really cares, but it occurs to me that Telltale's apparent complete intellectual freedom must come from pretty savvy confident investors.

• Hey, maybe LucasArts is investing in Telltale! ;) [>:)]

• yeah - that would be the day!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Hey, maybe LucasArts is investing in Telltale! ;) [>:)][/quote]

LOL :D

• [quote]I am sure I am in the minority here, but I can't stand CSI. I hope that isn't true - I don't think I would want an adventure game based on it no matter who made it.[/quote]

Even if you don't like CSI, a big-name license with strong sales will help set-up the company and effectively subsidise other projects, such as original character games that are more niche market, harder to market and are probably more appealing to the, err, 'hardcore adventure gamer' market.

Though it would be hard to imagine games with such a big license being available via download only. The other advantage with boxing the games & selling at retail is that Bone & original IP demos etc can be included on the CD or DVD, spreading the word about your less-mainstream titles to the unwashed masses.

So yeah, even if you don't personally care for CSI, aquiring such a big-name global franchise can only be good for Telltale as a whole.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I totally agree, JP. ;)
    This could be an useful and productive step for them (and eventually for us all). I live in Italy and CSI is very beloved here too.
    I am not a CSI-addicted, but I don't dislike it either. I assume that TellTale's CSI adventures would be 3rd person adventure games. Their adventures would be different from the Ubisoft games.
    Dom

• I don't like CSI and am usually quite amused when i go down to the local game store and find 3 games bundled together in the bargain bin for $20. They've been there for about 3 months now. It's all very well Telltale getting a good license but surely they'd best get one people want to play (Maybe it's just where i live i suppose but... meh)

Add Comment