User Avatar Image

Telltale no longer have the rights to make further Bone games

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 617 users

http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=3708&category=telltale

DEN: What about some of the other franchises, I know you have announced the next Sam and Max, but what about future installments of Bone, or Strong Bad?

Dave Grossman::( There won’t be any more Bone games, our agreement ended...

No surprise, but it's nice to have a definitive statement.

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But they could steal them, right?!

Or they just move to some omnious country where they give a §%& about rights.

How about a TTG moonbase? The people of earth would get a whole new meaning. From there they broadcast into space and in order to work for TTG you of course need a crater card. If you puzzle your way to the moon on your own, you're in as well.

I go to bed now.

• Its kinda sad, although i never enjoyed Bone that much, compared to Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, I always think bone kinda deserved another shot, i mean imagine all they learned from Sam & Max, Tomi, applied to Bone. :-/

• I read the comic books and it REALLY deserves to go on. Maybe not as a Telltale Season but it could be some kind of mini-series. They could make an episode between other Seasons...

• @RMJ1984 said: Its kinda sad, although i never enjoyed Bone that much, compared to Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, I always think bone kinda deserved another shot, i mean imagine all they learned from Sam & Max, Tomi, applied to Bone. :-/

Bone 2 already was very good. I wouldn't like to see it enhanced with stuff which doesn't add to the gaming experience. Continuing it, the way it was done before, would be just perfect for me.

• Well whoever makes Bone 3, I won't be surprised when it won't be as fun, clever and charming as Telltale made it.

• I don't get it... is Jeff Smith not going to let the TT people not make any more "Bone Games"?

• User Avatar Image
    Tor

@Owen256 said: I don't get it... is Jeff Smith not going to let the TT people not make any more "Bone Games"?

I'm guessing that the original contract was probably time-limited, maybe five years or something. Now that the contract has expired, Telltale won't be able to make more Bone games without signing a new contract with Smith. As previous posters pointed out; if the Bone movie gets made, the game rights will probably go to the same people.

• Intrestingly a company call UClick who were releasing the bone comic as iphone apps stopped at almost the same place as the Telltale games with no explanation why. I now presume it's the same issue with loss of rights when they were sold to the film company :(

I bought the books when it looked like they were taking a long time to release the next part, though I would love to see them further developed into games by Telltale. They did such a fantastic job on the great cow race, it could only get better!

Add Comment