User Avatar Image

Over 50 puzzles?!

posted by Ezny on - last edited - Viewed by 910 users

Wow, that sounds like a lot, considering it's only one episode. At least at this point.

I'm starting to get a little excited for Puzzle Agent now.

I wonder how many hours of gameplay will episode one generally have? Is it going to be around the 6-hour area like most TT games? Or maybe a bit longer, considering over 50 puzzles... ?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd say it's a solid number and sounds about right. Each Layton game has about 150 main puzzles plus a couple of dozen bonus and hidden ones. To be the episodic alternative to that they'd need about 40 per episode. So 50 is comfortably many, but certainly not crazily high.

• I'm definately in favor of the amount of puzzles. [also in favor of longer play time, if that's the case... not sure if it will be though..]

I'm actually not familiar with the Prof. Layton games, other than what I've been hearing at this site. :o

• They got all the previous TTG games, mashed into one, and replaced the characters and artwork. :D

• 50 puzzles in a Telltale game, well if this game will keep Telltale Gamers involved in one puzzle for an entire day and into the next then it's fine.

• I loved the comment of the original amount of negative six

• @Catfish33 said: Wow, that sounds like a lot, considering it's only one episode. At least at this point.

I'm starting to get a little excited for Puzzle Agent now.

I wonder how many hours of gameplay will episode one generally have? Is it going to be around the 6-hour area like most TT games? Or maybe a bit longer, considering over 50 puzzles... ?

Some people here will say that you take way too long to finish a game. I say :O you take six hours? show me how! i spend about 3 days on each game!

• I dunno where you got this info from, but 50 is a good number.

Layton 1 has 110 puzzles I believe, and I think 2 has 200. No idea about 3, 4 or 5 as they're not out in English yet (slowest fucking translators ever...).

I was expecting 30, but I was kinda worried it was going to be 15 or so. 50 is fantastic news for me.

• info came out in the interloper

• @Fury said: Layton 1 has 110 puzzles I believe, and I think 2 has 200. No idea about 3, 4 or 5 as they're not out in English yet (slowest fucking translators ever...).

Hey! Some puzzles need to be adapted, and either way that's a huge amount of text, a lot of it not easily translatable. Plus it might be the fault of anyone for all you know, there is really no need to blame it on the translator(s).

• And some puzzle even has to be replaced because those were too Japanese. Professor Layton is really HARD to translate, far I know T_T

Add Comment