User Avatar Image

Kind of disappointed...

posted by jovak on - last edited - Viewed by 518 users

I´m a big fan of everything that Telltale´s made and especially Sam&Max. But I don´t know what to think about these two episodes. Sure, they look great, the gameplay is harder and more advanced but something´s missing. There´s too little of the psychotic Max ("the total annihilation of the godless Belgians", "is this the end of little Maxie?"), the dialog isn´t as razorsharp as in the two last seasons. I sure hope that this will change in the upcoming episodes.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I sorta feel the same. 301 was a bit meh, it didn't really do anything special. 302 was annoying, I always knew exactly what I had to do, but had to fiddle around in dialogue menus to be able to do it.

I didn't like 201,202 or 101,102,103 at all though, so it is a better start. That being said, I was expecting it to be to the quality of Monkey Island in terms of puzzles, and I just haven't seen that.

Get the person who did MI Ep 4 to do a Sam and Max episode, that episode had the best puzzles ever.

• Sam and Max storylines are srs bsns, guys.

• THIS IS BLASPHEMY! No, really, Episode 2 wasn't that bad. You people should stop trying to bring back the "Episode 2 is always the worst Episode". It looks to me that you're all trying to find the worst possible things in the Episode and then pick at it. Let it go, move on.

It's just a different Sam & Max adventure. It was just to shake things up a bit. Stop harping on it.

• @splash1 said: THIS IS BLASPHEMY! No, really, Episode 2 wasn't that bad. You people should stop trying to bring back the "Episode 2 is always the worst Episode". It looks to me that you're all trying to find the worst possible things in the Episode and then pick at it. Let it go, move on.

It's just a different Sam & Max adventure. It was just to shake things up a bit. Stop harping on it.

What, so we're not entitled to a little criticism of the game? It was allright, but it wasn't perfect.

• @Fury said: What, so we're not entitled to a little criticism of the game? It was allright, but it wasn't perfect.

Criticisms' one thing, but when everyone jumps in and finds everything they didn't like about the game, and then stretch it out so that goes on for 5 scrolls; then that's when it comes to "Tear the game down".

• @splash1 said: Criticisms' one thing, but when everyone jumps in and finds everything they didn't like about the game, and then stretch it out so that goes on for 5 scrolls; then that's when it comes to "Tear the game down".

It's only 2 scrolls long

• @Fury said: It's only 2 scrolls long

And to be fair, a scroll is only about 2 posts most of the time.

• And the "Cake vs Pie" thread in the general chat forum was posted six days after this thread and has more than twice as many pages.

Add Comment