User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Monopoly

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 853 users

I had this Idea ages ago,i think back when LucasArts first released a Starwars Monopoly on PC and also the board game,And i thought to myself, id love to have a Monopoly of Monkey Island,i mean all around the world there numrous ones,"family guy,spider-man,i love lucy,Nintendo,ghetto monopoly etc..."

if they had a video game version like the star wars...where you have the board on raised on decking board like the town of Melee Island, and on the sea, the background is night with a full moon,and each character Animation moves around the board,and have scenes when you go to jail etc

the board game version is simple...there many characters you can choose from:
Guybrush, Elaine, Lechuck,Voodoo lady,Stan,Herman,Murrey,a random monkey etc

instead of train station you could have ship yards or well known Islands from the game

places to go on the board would be places youve visited before in Monkey Island Games, Mayfair could be "the Scumm Bar"

the go to Jail sign you with the person behind the bars picture, you could have Otis behind the bars on sign

Gas and electric company could be Stan's Electric company and Stan's Gas company

so guys tell me what places would you like to see on a Monkey Island Monopoly board?

and wether you think this is a great idea or im talking utter rubbish,
personally if i had the money and the rights id make one, or id purchase one,image if they released one for the Anniversary of Monkey Island

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jenny said: I haven't played with people in a while, but the games on your phone are pretty easy to win. I suppose real people are more intelligent though. But it's mostly based on luck. If you get a monopoly and someone else doesn't you basically win.

The only other Monopoly I've ever played besides the board game versions was at Mcdonalds, and all I won was more food.

:D

• @Catfish33 said: The only other Monopoly I've ever played besides the board game versions was at Mcdonalds, and all I won was more food.

I remember those! :eek: I loved collecting those when I was young. I didn't really like the food much, so I would just get a milkshake and give the fries to a homeless person on the street.

• @Catfish33 said: The only other Monopoly I've ever played besides the board game versions was at Mcdonalds, and all I won was more food.

Worst prize ever. I hate McDonalds. Tastes like rubber. Hungry Jacks/Burger King on the other hand...

• Oh, I remember the McDonald's Monopoly, I won a watch! I did wear it for a whole year, too, I liked it. The band broke after that, though.

• @Jenny said: I haven't played with people in a while, but the games on your phone are pretty easy to win. I suppose real people are more intelligent though. But it's mostly based on luck. If you get a monopoly and someone else doesn't you basically win.

Actually, its all about making deals. The chances of getting a monopoly by just luck are few, and playing the game without anyone building any houses its boring. At some point you need to start making deals.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I made a Monkey Island Monopoly once with a Make-Your-Own-opoly board. It actually worked out pretty well. :) I had the Phatt Island Prison instead of Jail, Scabb Island and Hook Island as the cheapest properties, and Lucre Island and Monkey Island as the most expensive properties.

It would work out even better now, since there's more islands to put on the board since Tales came out. :D

• @Ignatius said: Actually, its all about making deals. The chances of getting a monopoly by just luck are few, and playing the game without anyone building any houses its boring. At some point you need to start making deals.

I think one of our most common rules was that deals weren't allowed... Maybe we played it wrong.

• I wouldn't buy it. I'm not a huge fan of Monopoly. But Monkey Island Scrabble, now there's an idea! :D

• A few years back I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and we discussed what an Arrested Development Monopoly would look like. We were bored enough to hash out all the tokens (stair car, Buster's hand, etc.), properties (Balboa Towers, Boardwalk Banana Stand, etc.), and even what most of the Community Chest and Chance cards would say. ("You've made a huge mistake. Go back three spaces." "The orange grove you purchased from Uncle Oscar turned out to be valueless - pay the bank $10"). This went on for a good half hour before we lost interest.

True story.

Add Comment