User Avatar Image

A flaw in 302 [spoilers]

posted by doodinthemood on - last edited - Viewed by 302 users

I got the three blocks in the burial chamber and placed them in the spell cue card thing and stopped the protection spell.
Quite a bit later I asked (I think) the molewoman what three hands meant and she told me it reversed the spell before, but somehow sam had known to put in three hands.

I felt like I'd taken an accidental shortcut somehow. Am guessing there were a few of these, given the difficulty in working in all possible pathways through the 3 reels. Was a bit disappointed with that though.

Anyone else come across any?

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No offense or anything but you guys should stop cutting so many puzzles out of your games.

Just my opinion.

• @Catfish33 said: No offense or anything but you guys should stop cutting so many puzzles out of your games.

Just my opinion.

And those are the one we notice. Imagine how many they actually cut.

To be fair, cut puzzles it's just part of the process. Some sound like good ideas at first, but then they discover they don't and the reverse can happen as well. If there's vestigial remains and we notice, we get to know a bit more about the process, even been just outsiders. Which is awesome to me

• @Jake said: I noticed that as well. The bookstore probably should have been in between those two stores. But who knows, maybe a good natured New Deal-funded giant robot stretched the block out in the 1930's to make way for a new store, only to have it destroyed by the Maimtron in 2008.

... Hohoho, I have got to see that. When I come to work for you guys can I make the animation for that scene?

• @GinnyN said:
    To be fair, cut puzzles it's just part of the process. Some sound like good ideas at first, but then they discover they don't and the reverse can happen as well. If there's vestigial remains and we notice, we get to know a bit more about the process, even been just outsiders. Which is awesome to me

I understand, I'm not saying stop cutting them altogether lol :D. I think once in a while they over cut though, like learning how to put the blocks in sounded ok to me... And probably wouldn't have minded spiking the milk too, with the snake venom. But oh well it's ok.

• Another little inconsistency: If you use Max's psychic powers to go back to present day New York during the final scene, Sam will comment that they have finished all the reels but one, despite the fact that Max is watching the final sequence alone.

• Already mentioned a few times...

• @doodinthemood said: The chance of him getting the right combo would have been 1 in 216. He should have put them in any old way and got a duff spell. While there was the standard handful of times I saw a graphical error and thought 'feh', this was the first time in a telltale game when I thought "that's a writing error", and I found it a bit of a shame, in an episode with such great writing.

What the heck are you talking about, he got those three blocks from the burial chamber and when he got to the "spell cue card thing" it was a no-brainer... he had three blocks and the "spell cue card thing" had three empty "holes" and wtf even a monkey could've done it

• @Bertan1311 said: What the heck are you talking about, he got those three blocks from the burial chamber and when he got to the "spell cue card thing" it was a no-brainer... he had three blocks and the "spell cue card thing" had three empty "holes" and wtf even a monkey could've done it

The blocks had 6 faces. Each face had a different pattern on it. So he could have put in "hand, squiggle, bird" but that wouldn't have counteracted the protection spell. He puts in the combination hand hand hand, which we later learn is the only correct combination. This has been resolved already though. A telltale guy on the first page explained that it was the remnant of a cut puzzle. :)

• I was disappointed that I didn't get to choose what faces to show. I was all proud to have figured out the code (okay, it was devastatingly simple even without the molewoman spelling (ha) it out) and then it didn't even matter. I guess though that since it was possible to finish reels 1 and 3 before reel 2 (and then not be able to go back to have your memory jogged about the code), it could have failed as a puzzle. If people forget things or don't notice things even when they are stressed and obvious... In which case I wish they wouldn't play these games and force Telltale to dumb things down and remove puzzles but hey...

I too was cured of the moleman's curse when Amelia was repelled off the Devil's Toybox. I guess I will have to go back and have a look for this cutscene mentioned above. I thought it was an error. Besides, how lucky would that be to have the moleman randomly curse you again just in time for you to repel Amelia? Again, surely that is a puzzle to work out, that you still need to be cursed.

Anyway, I'm very late to the party due to a deluge of work and have so many threads to catch up on...

• was the idea of NOT shutting up amelia airhart in clip 2 so you hear about the rule stating the conductor being able to look into any talking boxes then sameth saying it in clip three a cut puzzle or just a connection easter egg?

Add Comment