User Avatar Image

The Origins of Jurgen

posted by bugsplee2.0 on - last edited - Viewed by 302 users

Upon the second episode of The Devil's Playhouse, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, Jurgen was alive about 109 years ago where he met Sammth and Maximus.

Then, after Slushie the Vampire Elf took care of him, Jurgen become the vampire we know and loathe. But then, in Season 2, he was a vampire which had somehow forgotten about the events that happened and his membership of the Brothers of Yog-Soggoth.

But, being the jerky German vampire that he is, Jurgen probably forgot.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It would've been so much more fun if Sam's grandfather would've been called Maximus and Max' grandpa Sameth :)

• It's because he's from Stuttgart.

• Jurgen is not cool, he's the world's biggest dork, which is why he's hilarious! "Oooooooh, my live iz zo hahd! I'm immohtal and 'afe a cool castle wis a disco and secret lab and undead ahmy! Vhine, vhine, vhine, vhine!"

Also, why would Jurgen mention Sameth an Maximus to Sam and Max? "Hello complete strangers who 'afe come to deveat me! I knew your gross papas! Vell, time to become zombies!"

• Hee hee.

When I first saw human Jurgan, I was simply delighted. So happy to play a part in him becoming the eurotrash vampire from season 2. Vampire origin stories are fantastic.

• I think it's highly likely that Jurgen has had the castle for a long time, given the fact that one of the puzzles in 203 centres around the fact that one of the inscriptions is eroded, but he is photographed with it in the past. For it to erode it would take environmental damage over a period of...say 80 years. It couldn't be much before that because colour photography was not in widespread use until the First World War and after. Given that the story takes place in 1901 this leaves Jurgen 20-30 years to have acquired his mansion and had the photo taken. And how did he acquire the mansion? The plot thickens...

AND WHO TOOK PHOTO?

• @onionmaster said: I think it's highly likely that Jurgen has had the castle for a long time, given the fact that one of the puzzles in 203 centres around the fact that one of the inscriptions is eroded, but he is photographed with it in the past. For it to erode it would take environmental damage over a period of...say 80 years. It couldn't be much before that because colour photography was not in widespread use until the First World War and after. Given that the story takes place in 1901 this leaves Jurgen 20-30 years to have acquired his mansion and had the photo taken. And how did he acquire the mansion? The plot thickens...

AND WHO TOOK PHOTO?

Actually, I think that was a painting, not a photograph, so it could be even longer than that.

It begs the question, who made a painting of JURGEN?

• I'm the only one that noticed the explanation of his fancy with men? Thanks to the Hex it explains Jurgens nature.

• I don't think Jurgen ever indicated that he liked men, and the hex wore off.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Knoxer said: I'm the only one that noticed the explanation of his fancy with men?

I'm pretty sure that Jurgen's only fancy is himself.

Add Comment