User Avatar Image

Who do you think will be the series main villain? (Speculation Spoilers)

posted by tabstis on - last edited - Viewed by 699 users

Vote on the poll.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: Telltale tends to introduce the major villain in the first episode of a season: Hugh Bliss in season 1, the Soda Poppers in season 2, LeChuck in ToMI.. Another thing that those characters have in common is that they didn't necessarily stand out as being villains during the course of the season - there was generally at least some kind of "are they / aren't they" vibe going on.

Hugh Bliss wasn't introduced until Episode 2 of Season 1, the Soda Poppers were introduced in Episode 1 of Season 1, and LeChuck was introduced in The Secret of Monkey Island, a long time before Telltale Games was even formed. Depending on how you look at it, you were either right about one of them (The Soda Poppers, wrong season though) or right about none of them. I am inclined to think it is the latter.

There was a commercial for "Emetics" in episode 1, and if you watched the TV shows in Episode 1, Prismatology is mentioned in the show about Brady Culture.

• @tabstis said: OMG HARRY MOLEMAN!!!!

I completely forgot - Harry would be a perfect candidate for the series main villain!

You're kidding right? That's the only Moleman who doesn't have a curse! He's useless, he's pathetic! He'll never be anywhere close to being a villain other than running a Mafia.

• @Power46 said: Hugh Bliss wasn't introduced until Episode 2 of Season 1, the Soda Poppers were introduced in Episode 1 of Season 1, and LeChuck was introduced in The Secret of Monkey Island, a long time before Telltale Games was even formed. Depending on how you look at it, you were either right about one of them (The Soda Poppers, wrong season though) or right about none of them. I am inclined to think it is the latter.

There was a commercial for "Emetics" in episode 1, and if you watched the TV shows in Episode 1, Prismatology is mentioned in the show about Brady Culture.

Keep in mind, Hugh Bliss was planned as the main villain, but I'm pretty sure they didn't make the Soda Poppers the main villains of Season 2 until midway into the season or later. I don't know about LeChuck, however. Never played any of the Monkey Island games.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Mmm, maybe switch "in the first episode" to "early in the season". :p

There are always hints and things from the very first episode though, so we're aware of the character or something related to them, even if they haven't actually appeared yet (as in the case of Hugh Bliss).

Avel says it better with this:

@Avel said: I think Telltale usually makes a go of getting through the season in such a way that on the second time through you notice lots of little hints you "should" have noticed.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I'm sure we've already been told a lot that will become more obvious in retrospect.

• The Narrator=Yog-Soggoth=that green thing with tentacles=main villain

But that's just my guess...

• I think everyone's complete denial that it could be Harry makes him the ideal candidate...

• Max will be the final villain.

• @Andorxor said: Max will be the final villain.

Max's evil twin, Xam!

Add Comment