User Avatar Image

106 Alternate Icon -BSotM Spoilers-

posted by lombre on - last edited - Viewed by 661 users

In one of the Bright Side of the Moon commentaries, it's mentioned that Telltale originally designed the BSotM icon to feature Hugh Bliss's face on the moon, rather than just Sam. Now, I know this is a long shot, but is there any way you guys might still have that original icon somewhere? To be honest, ever since I got Season 1 of S&M a few months ago, I always thought that icon just seemed a bit.. generic. No offense to Sam or anything, but his face just doesn't capture the episode. I'd love to have that original Hugh Bliss icon on my desktop.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Remolay said: he was right about bright side of the moon, thats very blurry, the other one is very nice though

i have a dark desktop, i can see it fine

• @The Highway said: The icon was updated when it got made free to be more "new" like the season 2 icons.

Incorrect! Chuckles' head has always popped out of that icon. It was the only Season One icon to work that way. There was a draft of the 106 icon where Sam's hat popped out, too, but it looked bad.

• @Jake said: Incorrect! Chuckles' head has always popped out of that icon. It was the only Season One icon to work that way. There was a draft of the 106 icon where Sam's hat popped out, too, but it looked bad.

so then why did you do it like that? that's the only reason i've ever believed, and now you've shattered my belief in mankind. WHY, GOD, WHYYYY?

• @The Highway said: so then why did you do it like that? that's the only reason i've ever believed, and now you've shattered my belief in mankind. WHY, GOD, WHYYYY?

If I had to guess, the reasoning behind it is that it would have cut off Chuckles's hair, and it would have made it look like he had little to no hair. That would have been bad.

• @Power46 said: If I had to guess, the reasoning behind it is that it would have cut off Chuckles's hair, and it would have made it look like he had little to no hair. That would have been bad.

Aah! I see it now... that would have been VERY bad!

• I always tried to do whatever it would take to make the icon still read well at 32x32. It's not easy with 3D characters. Letting Chuckles pop out of the icon helped the shape of his head make more sense.

• As long as we're on the topic of alternate icons, Jake, do you still have the ones you worked up for Penal Zone? I remember the "My Games" page had an alternate 301 icon for a while.

• WOW, okay wow! Those icons are beautiful, and after two long years I finally have the full sized version of the original 204 icon!!!!

@The Highway said: I love you. Not really, just the icons.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1561&stc=1&d

How did you do that, anyway?

• @ATMachine said: As long as we're on the topic of alternate icons, Jake, do you still have the ones you worked up for Penal Zone? I remember the "My Games" page had an alternate 301 icon for a while.

Also, Jake, what made you decide to not use a badge for season 3?

• @The Highway said: Also, Jake, what made you decide to not use a badge for season 3?

Because Season 3 and badge icons are so far terrible.

Add Comment