User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 3 - "They Stole Max's Brain!"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Hey, all. Mike Stemmle here.

With Episode 303 making the final turn before hitting the virtual streets, now seems like a good time for a "members only"* thread in which Joe Pinney and I open up the floor to a few questions about the episode.

What can I tell y'all about this ep? It's got:

- Sam as you've never seen him!
- Max taking charge of an investigation!
- Hot Ape-on-Cockroach action!
- More rhinoplastying than you can shake a stick at!
- Sam's surprising new partner!

Consider the floodgates open,
Mike "Finishing 304 as I Type" Stemmle

* We should have jackets!

375 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@ttg_Stemmle said: I'm afraid to ask which one, especially since I don't THINK I wrote any linesfor 302.

The ventriloquism "beans" joke on the Disorient Express - Andy Hartzell blamed it on credited it to you. Whoever wrote it, it was awesomely juvenile. :p

• That 'Sam as you've never seen him' bit reminds me of that concept art of 'noir' Sam. I'm hoping that's what you're referring to, because then I'm even more giddy than I thought I was.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@mathman77 said: Been waiting for this thread. I have two questions:

1. Any new powers (or any besides rhinoplasty)?

What, the power to transform into carefully-selected inanimate objects isn't enough? What do you people want, blood?

2. Will this episode have two storylines (one for Sam, one for Max) that you can switch between?

Sam and Max pretty much share the same storyline (at least, I think they do... I mean, it's possible that Max is secretly having some sort of magical fantasy adventure with elves and dragons that represent his various abandonment issues, but that's not very likely), so we won't be juggling multiple storylines this time around. That said, we probably will be going back into Max mode. Of course, without a brain, Max Mode might be a little, um, vacant.

• @ttg_Stemmle said: What, the power to transform into carefully-selected inanimate objects isn't enough? What do you people want, blood?

Totally sure you wanna know?

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like the answer either

@ttg_Stemmle said: (at least, I think they do... I mean, it's possible that Max is secretly having some sort of magical fantasy adventure with elves and dragons that represent his various abandonment issues, but that's not very likely)

Abandonment issues? *SLAP Myself*

@ttg_Stemmle said: That said, we probably will be going back into Max mode. Of course, without a brain, Max Mode might be a little, um, vacant.

Now you say that, How we going to use the psychic powers if Max doesn't have a brain? (By the way, if Rhinoplasty is back, is also back Mind Reading?)

• Will we get use of the crime tron again in this episode?

• User Avatar Image

@puzzlebox said: The ventriloquism "beans" joke on the Disorient Express - Andy Hartzell blamed it on credited it to you. Whoever wrote it, it was awesomely juvenile. :p

Hmmm. Fart jokes accompanied by over-explanation. Sounds like me.

• User Avatar Image

@GinnyN said:
    Now you say that, How we going to use the psychic powers if Max doesn't have a brain? (By the way, if Rhinoplasty is back, is also back Mind Reading?)

1) Yes, how WILL he use psychic powers without a brain? Of course, we're all assuming Max's psychic powers come from his brain to begin with... maybe they're lodged in his knees or something...

2) Mind reading? When did we ever promise mind reading? Oh yeah... maybe we should get back to that power before the season ends.

• User Avatar Image

@Gman5852 said: Will we get use of the crime tron again in this episode?

Someone stole Max's brain. In most states, that's a crime. It stands to reason that the Crime-Tron will put in an appearance.

Mike "No, I'm not going to list the states where it's NOT a crime" Stemmle

• @ttg_Stemmle said: 1) Yes, how WILL he use psychic powers without a brain? Of course, we're all assuming Max's psychic powers come from his brain to begin with... maybe they're lodged in his knees or something...

Can those powers been psychic to begin with if they don't come up from his brain?

@ttg_Stemmle said: 2) Mind reading? When did we ever promise mind reading? Oh yeah... maybe we should get back to that power before the season ends.

Awww.... I loved the 3 lines of Sam while reading his brain... and also Gordon's. But, will be back, right? RIGHT?

Ginny "Happy to not live in a country with a Federal System when talking about listing crimes in states thing" N

PS: Sorry, I couldn't resist

• @ttg_Stemmle said: Someone stole Max's brain. In most states, that's a crime. It stands to reason that the Crime-Tron will put in an appearance.

Mike "No, I'm not going to list the states where it's NOT a crime" Stemmle

If the Crime-Tron is back, will there be more of the smaller, clue-finding locations like those found in The Penal Zone (Meesta Pizza, Bob's Toys!s)?

Add Comment