User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak Discussion!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

New thread since the game's out! Here's the old pre-discussion thread.

episode2.jpg

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The Tomb of Sammun-Mak

It's here! Download it from the Sam & Max site, or your games page.

Trailer!
Watch the Tomb of Sammun-Mak trailer on Telltale's YouTube channel!

Reviews and stuff
Reviews are starting to appear! Beware of :spoil-o:!
[LIST]
[*]Adventure Gamers
[*]Sam & Max.co.uk
[*]Mixnmojo
[*]GameCritics
[*]Adventure Classic Gaming
[*]Buttonbasher
[*]Attack of the Fanboy
[*]Zeitgeist Review (video)
[*]Games, Gold, and Glory
[*]Alternative Magazine Online

[*]MeriStation (original in Spanish)
[*]GameOn[/LIST]

Is it out yet? When will it be released?
It's out!

How about a "Did You Try?" list?
The forums are accumulating one in this thread. Join in with any hidden bits and alternate paths you found!

Where can I see art from the game?
The season-wide trailer and stuff is on the official site. You may also want to take a look at the Telltale blog, which includes this interview with Tomb of Sammun-Mak designer Andy Hartzell, as well as some screenshots and concept art!

What is the official marketing spiel for this game? I am dying to know!!!
"In the second episode, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, the Freelance Police face even more bizarre and dangerous new characters (and some familiar faces). The game's designer calls this episode Sam & Max's "trippiest trip yet", as it features new psychic powers, peculiar foes, a journey on the Disorient Express and an ancient mysterious riddle from across the ages."

So you guys've been playing it, right? What do you think? Let's talk about games!

294 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @light_rises said: What sank the Titanic when the ship attempted to pass through a whole field of them lengthwise.

... What?

Yes, approaching them sideways would have worked much better :D.

• :spoil-o: i actually think there is a conection to sam and max and sammun mak if you change sammun mak to samm un mak make it samm un max take away the first m make it sam un max change u to an a sam an max if any one know any more about it email me my email is

alexandernatvig@gmail.com

please email if you know anymore about the conection thank you for the moment and time :spoil-o:

• @sasukevsnaruto said: i actually think there is a conection to sam and max and sammun mak if you change sammun mak to samm un mak make it samm un max take away the first m make it sam un max change u to an a sam an max if any one know any more about it email me my email is

alexandernatvig@gmail.com

please email if you know anymore about the conection thank you for the moment and time

Well thank you Captain Obvious.

• Its been a while since I played the game but I thought I'd say something. Can't really say more praise than what everyone said, there's nothing I didn't like about the episode.
    So I'll have to say things that are only really nitpicking. First I think it would of been better if the voice actors changed their voices from Sam and Max to something with something slightly different but it still had the same sort of tone, more like Max's current voice combined with a sort of old New Yorkian, maybe Sam could of had a slight Brittish accent mixed into his.
    Also in the final puzzle when you change from Sam to Max it could of changed to an image of Max in the middle of the dialog wheel (whatever you call it). But as I said the only critisizims are only nitpicking and I've only noticed them because it was such a great game that I was looking for something to comment on.

• episode 302, I gotta tell you...IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! I love the twists and turns provided along the way...and I love it when Sameth freaks out over Maximus getting turned into a cow: no...NO....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!!!!!!! a true side that Nowlin is improving as a Sam actor.

the one thing I didn't like about this episode: Nefertini!!!! she was so annoying, a total wannabe, and a borderline cry-baby!!! plus, she hated our beloved heroes' ancestors....makes you wonder what would happen if she met the real Max

• I thought that Nefertiti was one of the best new characters. I loved how she reacted to Sameth and Maximus when they told her dad she loved them. Her love note to Jurgen was hilarious too.

• i couldn't stand nefertini's voice

• the only good thing about her was one of her last jokes "DAD,it' not nefrettini..it's bubbles..."

• Nice game.I cant wait next episode.

• @sfox said: I don't agree.
    I suspected there was something fishy about him right from the beginning.

If you talk to paperwaite in reel 1 you can ask about the challenge and papierwaite will say he created the challenge. So he was looking for someone with the gift who could use the can of nuts, i never talked to him though till after i replayed it, but the ending makes a lot more sense if you talk to him, cause he needed someone with psychic powers who could be sacrificed to summon yog-saggoth.

Add Comment