User Avatar Image

Back to Hell? (Some Spoilers)

posted by splash1 on - last edited - Viewed by 340 users

A thought hit me as I was re-playing some moments of Season 2 and the Devil's Playhouse.

What if, since the Soda Poppers are dead, that Hell is no longer an office... It's back to hell; with the tortured souls and the horrid monsters everywhere. So what if between the final Episodes (4 and 5) that Sam & Max have to once again go back to the underworld and put an end to evil once and for all?

Another thing that hit me is that, what if The Devil's Toybox is really... The Devil's Toybox, it could be hinting that all of those toys were part of Satan's childhood, and all of those evil Toys are Kid Satan's toys?

This all speculation of course, but if it's not, do you think the Season will end in Hell?

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @splash1 said: A thought hit me as I was re-playing some moments of Season 2 and the Devil's Playhouse.

What if, since the Soda Poppers are dead, that Hell is no longer an office... It's back to hell; with the tortured souls and the horrid monsters everywhere. So what if between the final Episodes (4 and 5) that Sam & Max have to once again go back to the underworld and put an end to evil once and for all?

It's still Hell LLC. It was like that before the **** Poppers got there

• Yeah it's sort of a shame. I found hell very anticlimactic, I thought it would be like a Dante style labyrinth. The hell is an office is the sort of thing I'd go 'heh' at in a Dillbert comic but not really somewhere I'd want to go twice. However I thought the character of Satan was great and would love to see him again.

• To hell and back again, and then back again?

...I hope so.

• I loved the form of hell. A boring workplace, with people having thier own personal Hells. I'm almost certain Telltale got the idea of it from the Hell in the Terry Pratchett Book:Eric. The phrase on the coffee cup "You don't have to be damned to work here, but it helps!" is (I think) taken DIRECTLY from the inscription on the sign at the entrance to hell in said book.

• I thought that was a play on the coffee cup "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps."

Both versions probably are based on that.

• @The Highway said: It's still Hell LLC. It was like that before the **** Poppers got there

I don't remember anyone saying that. Who said it?

• I believe Hell has been acquired by dunder miflans parper compony. (Sp. I dont really watch the office.)

• @Remolay said: I thought that was a play on the coffee cup "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps."

Both versions probably are based on that.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Terry Pratchett's, but Eric is one of the few Discworld books I haven't read yet. Sounds like it's going to be next on my list.

And the concept of Hell-as-office came from Brendan, Dave, and Heather, I believe.

• I noticed the similarity to Eric, but I never thought it was a reference. Besides, the Discworld version was punctuated differently. (You don't have to be "damned" to work here, but it helps!!!!!)

• @splash1 said: A thought hit me as I was re-playing some moments of Season 2 and the Devil's Playhouse.

Another thing that hit me is that, what if The Devil's Toybox is really... The Devil's Toybox, it could be hinting that all of those toys were part of Satan's childhood, and all of those evil Toys are Kid Satan's toys?

This all speculation of course, but if it's not, do you think the Season will end in Hell?

Not to mention he said that he'd be seeing our duo again very soon.

Add Comment