User Avatar Image

Chuck Jordan's left Telltale

posted by Kroms on - last edited - Viewed by 809 users

Or is about to. Either way, read about it here. If you don't know who Chuck is, I gave a quick summary of his adventure game career on Mixnmojo.

My reaction: :eek: + :( + sincere hopes for success.

Good luck, Mr. J. Umm, good luck Chuck. Blah. I'll stop.

Seriously, good luck Chuck Jordan.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, sorry about the "grunt work" comment. It was baseless. It only occurred to me after typing it that Episode 5 had just gone past the planning stage. So I hereby apologise to TTG's employees. You all do great work, and it can be pretty thankless. It was why I started this thread.

What I'd meant to say was that design/writing-wise, the episode was done, meaning that the blueprints - it seemed to me, so this isn't even fact - were finalized. Of course, a lot of very important work goes into the games afterwards. I didn't mean to dismiss it.

So again, sorry everyone. My comment was stupid. You all rock.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Leaving the safety of a successful company to pursue your own thing is a pretty brave decision, so congratulations on taking that step. I'd say "good luck", but you're probably talented enough not to need much of that. :p

Looking forward to playing your Telltale swan song in a couple of months. Let us know what you work on next!

• Even though I'd heard it before, and even though the quality of Telltale's games tends to be such that you don't really need to be told that the people behind them are uber passionate about what they do, I was tickled pink by Chuck's story about having wanted to work on a Sam & Max game ever since college, and then it coming to pass that twenty years later the amount of Sam & Max games with his name on them is in the double-digits. It reads like the screenplay for some mawkishly inspirational rags-to-riches movie, except it's about people who like story games instead of something that doesn't matter.

• Good luck with whatever you do next, Chuck. I'm not too worried either, just curious about what you'll do next.

• GoodLuckChuckMoviePoster325.jpg

(Just this once in my life, my wish that I could speak using movie posters has come true.)

• @Secret Fawful said: (Just this once in my life, my wish that I could speak using movie posters has come true.)

Unfortunately, you weren't able to do it with a good movie poster.

• Plus I beat him to it.

I should go sleep.

• @Pale Man said: Unfortunately, you weren't able to do it with a good movie poster.

Criticize. Criticize. Criticize.

The relevance. I just don't see it.

• @Secret Fawful said: Criticize. Criticize. Criticize.

The relevance. I just don't see it.

You posted a movie poster of an awful movie, I said that it wasn't a good movie. How is that not relevant in reply to your post?

• @Pale Man said: You posted a movie poster of an awful movie, I said that it wasn't a good movie. How is that not relevant in reply to your post?

Maybe he's one of those people who liked that movie.

Add Comment