User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 3 - "They Stole Max's Brain!"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Hey, all. Mike Stemmle here.

With Episode 303 making the final turn before hitting the virtual streets, now seems like a good time for a "members only"* thread in which Joe Pinney and I open up the floor to a few questions about the episode.

What can I tell y'all about this ep? It's got:

- Sam as you've never seen him!
- Max taking charge of an investigation!
- Hot Ape-on-Cockroach action!
- More rhinoplastying than you can shake a stick at!
- Sam's surprising new partner!

Consider the floodgates open,
Mike "Finishing 304 as I Type" Stemmle

* We should have jackets!

375 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thesporkman said: Chuck Jordan is (was?) the lead designer on The Devil's Playhouse.

Where did you hear that he left? Or are you confusing him with Brendan Q. Ferguson, who recently left Telltale to pursue humanitarian work and who was one of the designers on the first two seasons of Sam and Max?

Check this thread

• I have two more questions:

1: After we finish the Episode, do we get a new power like in The Penal Zone?

2: Will we control Max like we do Sam, in this Episode?

• @unknownrightnow said: I have two more questions:

1: After we finish the Episode, do we get a new power like in The Penal Zone?

2: Will we control Max like we do Sam, in this Episode?

1: No, Jake has already clearly said that that was a one-off deal, and it would make PC users angry as well.

2: If you mean walking around, probably not, no game has done it yet and, although we have made tiny steps by being able to control Max in some way, we probably won't be able to make him walk around until the fourth season.

• @The Highway said: 1: No, Jake has already clearly said that that was a one-off deal, and it would make PC users angry as well.

2: If you mean walking around, probably not, no game has done it yet and, although we have made tiny steps by being able to control Max in some way, we probably won't be able to make him walk around until the fourth season.

1: I think he meant PS3 exclusives. And I meant for every available platform that it's on.

2: We got to play Max (in a way) in 203, so it might not surprise me if we do get to control him.

• @unknownrightnow said: 1: I think he meant PS3 exclusives. And I meant for every available platform that it's on.

2: We got to play Max (in a way) in 203, so it might not surprise me if we do get to control him.

1: I was also talking about how many PC users are angry about PS3 exclusives

2: You mean 302

• No he means in the final fight in 203.

Edit: Damn Cheri was too quick.

• oh, right, i though he just hit the keys too fast, i didnt even think about night of the raving dead

• I'm still intrigued by this "will there be two storyline" muddle.

I get the impression the answers mean "storyline" as in the over arching plot of the episode; but the questions mean "storyline" as in the separately little stories that make up the over arching plot.
    Meaning will Sam and Max be split up and we will have to (for atleast some of the episode) play them independently of each other (thus giving them each their own storyline), despite the fact they presumably are reunited at some point and their two sets of actions both ultimately fuel the same overarching plot.

• Probbably not, Max doesn't have a brain right now, remember?

Add Comment